Crash sends one to hospital
TOWN OF VIENNA — One person was hospitalized after a two-vehicle collision on Route 49 Monday afternoon.
Sheriff’s deputies said Karl, 41, and Danielle Schultz, 43, of Elpis Road, Cleveland, were eastbound on Route 49 at 3:40 p.m. when their vehicle collided with another vehicle that was attempting to enter the highway from a driveway. Deputies said the other driver, Karen Eckel, 59, of Route 49, Vienna, was ticketed for the crash and is scheduled to appear in Town Court.
Passenger Danielle Schultz was treated for neck pain at Rome Memorial Hospital, authorities stated.
- 4:10pm 11/17/18City’s Codes Department unveils hybrid car fleet $100,000 state grant funds purchase of new, energy-efficient vehicles
- 4:00pm 11/17/18DEC seeks input on managing Tug Hill lands
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Civic group honors AmeriCu’s Manuele
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Drivers urged to think safety as winter descends on region
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Woman gets probation for theft
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Eight area residents among state police grads
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Jervis serves as collection point for multiple community outreach efforts
- 4:00pm 11/17/18State champion RFA Marching Band receives commendation
- 4:00pm 11/17/18School board debates membership in statewide association
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Public Safety Logs — Nov. 17, 2018