Crash sends one to hospital
TOWN OF VIENNA — One person was hospitalized after a two-vehicle collision on Route 49 Monday afternoon.
Sheriff’s deputies said Karl, 41, and Danielle Schultz, 43, of Elpis Road, Cleveland, were eastbound on Route 49 at 3:40 p.m. when their vehicle collided with another vehicle that was attempting to enter the highway from a driveway. Deputies said the other driver, Karen Eckel, 59, of Route 49, Vienna, was ticketed for the crash and is scheduled to appear in Town Court.
Passenger Danielle Schultz was treated for neck pain at Rome Memorial Hospital, authorities stated.
- 4:01pm 09/17/18Griffo secures funding to help Masonic Medical Research Institute
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Driver killed, child in critical condition following crash
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Grand re-opening of Philipson's in Rome
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Mohawk River Trail extended
- 4:00pm 09/17/18New business first dollar of profit
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Construction projects linger in region as autumn approaches
- 4:00pm 09/17/18VVS teacher recognized for completing state’s Master Teacher Program
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Oneida councilors to take up $8 million bond project to ‘stabilize’ Annsville reservoir
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Public Safety Logs — Sept. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Special Olympics receives donations