Crash sends couple to hospital
TOWN OF TRENTON — A husband and wife were hospitalized after a two-vehicle collision on Korber and Thompson roads on Saturday.
Sheriff’s deputies said Kenneth Jeffers, 62, of Floyd, was eastbound on Korber at about 12:40 p.m. when his 2014 Hyundai Tucscon was struck in the intersection by a 2017 Toyota Tundra, coming off Thompson Road. The intersection is controlled by a pair of stop signs on Thompson Road.
Deputies said Jeffers and his wife, 62-year-old Marlene Jeffers, suffered minor injuries to their heads and backs. They were taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford. The driver of the Tundra, Andrea Metz, 43, of Rome, was ticketed for failure to yield, authorities said. Metz is scheduled to appear in Town Court.
- 4:01pm 10/19/18Morning accident in Rome snarled morning traffic
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Express Employment Professionals First Dollar of Profit
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Alexis Jones, founder of I Am That Girl, to speak at MVCC
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Help available to update, change Medicare plans
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Westmoreland’s ‘most mysterious locale’ open to public tonight
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Take Back the Night event for Domestic Violence Awareness Month in Rome
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Adults ticketed after ECOs say teens hunting illegally
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Driver injured, ticketed in crash
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Threat at school leads to investigation
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Oneida Lake boat launch closed temporarily