Crash into flooded ditch sends woman, 79, to hospital
TOWN OF VERONA — A 79-year-old woman was hospitalized after her vehicle crashed into a partially flooded ditch on Stoney Brook Road Friday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said Joanne Mumford, of Sherrill, was westbound at about 10:43 a.m. when she lost control of her vehicle and hit the ditch off the south shoulder.
Deputies said the vehicle entered the ditch and hit a small tree, then became partially submerged in the flooded drainage ditch.
Rescue personnel responded to the scene and Mumford was transported to the Oneida Health Care Center for minor injuries, authorities said.
No tickets were issued, the law enforcers said.
- 4:10pm 01/19/18Village keeps wary eye on temps
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Rome to launch fresh website design this weekend
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Clinton Arena in running for new lighting
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Tenney votes in favor of stopgap bill
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Community schools program may expand beyond Bellamy
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Amazon won’t deliver new headquarters to Upstate NY
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Snowmobiler ticketed for riding on sidewalk
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Remsen man accused of robbing pharmacy
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Fire Department to hold test prep class at local church
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Six months in jail for convicted sex offender