Crash into flooded ditch sends woman, 79, to hospital
TOWN OF VERONA — A 79-year-old woman was hospitalized after her vehicle crashed into a partially flooded ditch on Stoney Brook Road Friday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said Joanne Mumford, of Sherrill, was westbound at about 10:43 a.m. when she lost control of her vehicle and hit the ditch off the south shoulder.
Deputies said the vehicle entered the ditch and hit a small tree, then became partially submerged in the flooded drainage ditch.
Rescue personnel responded to the scene and Mumford was transported to the Oneida Health Care Center for minor injuries, authorities said.
No tickets were issued, the law enforcers said.
- 4:00pm 07/18/18SUNY chancellor seeks closer ties between SUNY Poly, Rome Lab
- 4:00pm 07/18/18$20M project under way at Colonial I
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Storm forces extra day for district’s special education summer program
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Man gets up to 4 years in prison for Camden threat
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Woman faces DWI charge following crash
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Man accused of fatally stabbing brother sent to jail without bail
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Trial date set in Utica College case
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Fort Stanwix to feature pair of programs on life and times of Alexander Hamilton
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Project Fibonacci to feature wide array of speakers
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Drone camps teach kids science skills