Crash into flooded ditch sends woman, 79, to hospital
TOWN OF VERONA — A 79-year-old woman was hospitalized after her vehicle crashed into a partially flooded ditch on Stoney Brook Road Friday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said Joanne Mumford, of Sherrill, was westbound at about 10:43 a.m. when she lost control of her vehicle and hit the ditch off the south shoulder.
Deputies said the vehicle entered the ditch and hit a small tree, then became partially submerged in the flooded drainage ditch.
Rescue personnel responded to the scene and Mumford was transported to the Oneida Health Care Center for minor injuries, authorities said.
No tickets were issued, the law enforcers said.
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Physicians Urgent Care at Griffiss to expand hours
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Madison County Courthouse time capsule contents to be on display soon
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Sale of three city-owned properties on Common Council agenda Wednesday
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Oneida woman charged with rape
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Clean and Green making Rome a better place
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Rome’s Hall named co-valedictorian at UC
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Mohawk Valley Mini Maker Faire at SUNY Poly
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Three selected to U.S. service academies
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Utica Zoo celebrates Earth Week
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Buttenschon endorsed