Crash into flooded ditch sends woman, 79, to hospital
TOWN OF VERONA — A 79-year-old woman was hospitalized after her vehicle crashed into a partially flooded ditch on Stoney Brook Road Friday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said Joanne Mumford, of Sherrill, was westbound at about 10:43 a.m. when she lost control of her vehicle and hit the ditch off the south shoulder.
Deputies said the vehicle entered the ditch and hit a small tree, then became partially submerged in the flooded drainage ditch.
Rescue personnel responded to the scene and Mumford was transported to the Oneida Health Care Center for minor injuries, authorities said.
No tickets were issued, the law enforcers said.
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Clerk gets some backing from lawmakers at budget hearing
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Blood recipients winners in ‘Battle of the Badges’
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Economic panel to hold outreach meeting Oct. 25
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Rome-Area Hunger Walk steps off Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Drugged driving charged in Lewis County
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Take Back the Night Thursday at City Hall
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Syracuse Stage visits Joy Elementary
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Meetings — Thursday, Oct. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Madison County man accused of welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Colonial Park to host tribute for its veterans