Couple found dead in apparent murder-suicide
SULLIVAN (AP) — A central New York man and woman have been found dead in what police believe was a murder-suicide.
Police SWAT teams surrounded a home in the town of Sullivan on Monday afternoon after receiving a report of a possible domestic shooting. Police entered the home around 6 p.m. and found the couple dead.
Their names have not been released.
Madison County Undersheriff Robert Lenhart says the man had called a family member earlier in the day. That family member apparently went to the home to “try and help,” Lenhart said, but called police after hearing gunfire.
Police continue to investigate.
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Pair vie for seat on Lee Town Board
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Woman charged with slashing man during dispute
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Man charged with assault after smashed glass cuts child
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Two charged, two sought in Oneida home invasion
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Nuns on the Bus to make stop outside Tenney office
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Man accused of attacks on girlfriend, wandering into W. Liberty St. home
- 4:00pm 10/22/18District, Birnie Bus near launch of bus tracking app
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Meetings — Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/22/18SUNY Potsdam names Rome native and RFA grad as new vice president for advancement
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Union endorses McEvoy in 101st district