Couple found dead in apparent murder-suicide
SULLIVAN (AP) — A central New York man and woman have been found dead in what police believe was a murder-suicide.
Police SWAT teams surrounded a home in the town of Sullivan on Monday afternoon after receiving a report of a possible domestic shooting. Police entered the home around 6 p.m. and found the couple dead.
Their names have not been released.
Madison County Undersheriff Robert Lenhart says the man had called a family member earlier in the day. That family member apparently went to the home to “try and help,” Lenhart said, but called police after hearing gunfire.
Police continue to investigate.
- 7:38am 05/24/18Area lawmakers support appointment of interim attorney general
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Jervis Library hosts semi-annual Recycling Day
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Woman charged with drunk driving
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Area unemployment rate drops, state statistics show
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Hinckley boat launch to open Thursday
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Meetings — Thursday, May 24, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/23/18College graduations, acceptances — May 23, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Memorial Day travelers to hit road despite soaring prices
- 4:00pm 05/23/18St. Elizabeth College of Nursing presents graduation awards
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Local trio among Junior Dairy Leaders