Couple accused of providing false information to Social Services
VILLAGE OF LOWVILLE — A Copenhagen couple was charged Thursday with providing false information to the Lewis County Department of Social Services, according to an announcement by local law enforcement
Lewis County Sheriff’s deputies said James A. Comfort, 43, and Cacee M. Comfort, 34,
both of 9945 Route 12, provided false information regarding welfare benefits.
Cacee Comfort was charged with first-degree offering a false instrument for filing, fourth-
degree welfare fraud and fourth-degree grand larceny, all class E felonies, the sheriff’s
Her husband James was charged with fourth-degree welfare fraud and fourth-degree grand larceny, the law enforcers added.
Both appeared in Village Court and were released on their own recognizance to await further court action, officials added.
- 4:01pm 02/19/18Plan would shutter Annsville Elementary
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Assemblyman airs concerns over budget transparency
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Fishing derby at Delta Lake
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Roof collapses at former Waterbury & Son Felt Company
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Furnace blamed in Clinton fire; man displaced
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Griffo, colleague ask SUNY to buy local
- 4:00pm 02/19/18NEON Night Racing for drones to be held in April at SUNY Poly
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Utica man linked to overdose deaths, troopers say
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Real estate broker named to advisory board
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Holy Cross Academy hosts survivor of Holocaust