Couple accused of providing false information to Social Services
VILLAGE OF LOWVILLE — A Copenhagen couple was charged Thursday with providing false information to the Lewis County Department of Social Services, according to an announcement by local law enforcement
Lewis County Sheriff’s deputies said James A. Comfort, 43, and Cacee M. Comfort, 34,
both of 9945 Route 12, provided false information regarding welfare benefits.
Cacee Comfort was charged with first-degree offering a false instrument for filing, fourth-
degree welfare fraud and fourth-degree grand larceny, all class E felonies, the sheriff’s
Her husband James was charged with fourth-degree welfare fraud and fourth-degree grand larceny, the law enforcers added.
Both appeared in Village Court and were released on their own recognizance to await further court action, officials added.
- 4:10pm 09/21/17City outlines plans, projects for $10M grant
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Heat wave prompts swim extension at Delta Lake
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Hoag named Officer of Month
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Premier Aviation to sell some Canadian operations, says Griffiss facility not affected
- 4:00pm 09/21/17General Cable water tower work continues
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Purchases, social worker on school board agenda
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Police seek info in break-in
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Retired teacher helps promote National Teach Ag Day
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Veterans Mental Health Training Initiative holds forum
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Colonial Park Fall Festival set for Oct. 7