Couple accused of providing false information to Social Services
VILLAGE OF LOWVILLE — A Copenhagen couple was charged Thursday with providing false information to the Lewis County Department of Social Services, according to an announcement by local law enforcement
Lewis County Sheriff’s deputies said James A. Comfort, 43, and Cacee M. Comfort, 34,
both of 9945 Route 12, provided false information regarding welfare benefits.
Cacee Comfort was charged with first-degree offering a false instrument for filing, fourth-
degree welfare fraud and fourth-degree grand larceny, all class E felonies, the sheriff’s
Her husband James was charged with fourth-degree welfare fraud and fourth-degree grand larceny, the law enforcers added.
Both appeared in Village Court and were released on their own recognizance to await further court action, officials added.
- 9:00am 06/17/18Chewie takes top place in Pet Photo Contest
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Damaged helicopter had stopped at Griffiss to refuel
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Beta Sigma Phi Sorority holds ceremony, elects officers
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Earns doctorate
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Police urge drivers to look out for pedestrians at crosswalks
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Lee truck driver charged with Workers’ Compensation fraud, larceny
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Farmers Market returns downtown
- 4:00pm 06/16/18County officials hail winners at inaugural Youth Awards Dinner
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Officials investigate cause of fire in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Public Safety Logs — June 16, 2018