Couple accused of providing false information to Social Services
VILLAGE OF LOWVILLE — A Copenhagen couple was charged Thursday with providing false information to the Lewis County Department of Social Services, according to an announcement by local law enforcement
Lewis County Sheriff’s deputies said James A. Comfort, 43, and Cacee M. Comfort, 34,
both of 9945 Route 12, provided false information regarding welfare benefits.
Cacee Comfort was charged with first-degree offering a false instrument for filing, fourth-
degree welfare fraud and fourth-degree grand larceny, all class E felonies, the sheriff’s
Her husband James was charged with fourth-degree welfare fraud and fourth-degree grand larceny, the law enforcers added.
Both appeared in Village Court and were released on their own recognizance to await further court action, officials added.
- 4:10pm 11/22/17Ribbon cut for new health care services downtown
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Gingerbread Village open at Turning Stone
- 4:00pm 11/22/17House at 426 W. Court St. demolished
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Small businesses to come together Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Army helicopters at Griffiss
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Lee waits for answers to trickle in from state on well-drilling
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Two run for one seat on Lee Board of Fire Commissioners
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Comets deliver turkeys, and good will, to local families in need
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Sherrill to host Christmas lighting contest
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Discussion on U.S.-Iran relations at Hamilton College