Corrections officer job openings focus of info sessions
NEW HARTFORD — Corrections officer job openings at the county jail will be discussed at two informational sessions in the center court at the Sangertown Square Mall on Thursday and Friday.
Officials said Sheriff’s Office representatives will be on hand to talk about the career opportunities of a corrections officer, along with job specifications, requirements, benefits and the hiring process. Applications will also be available on site.
The sessions will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday and Friday. The starting salary for a corrections officer is $40,348 after basic training. A full-time position offers medical, dental and optical health benefits. Corrections officers are part of the New York State 25-year retirement plan. Requirements include being at least 18-years-old and an Oneida County resident, with at high school diploma or G.E.D. Applicants must also not have any felony convictions.
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Rainy days are here again
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Ex-Sherrill resident lands ‘dream’ NASA internship
- 4:00pm 07/21/1825 RFA graduates honored with Dyett Fund grants
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Assembly candidates McEvoy, Bova file signatures
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Holland Patent Central School Class of 1968 marks 50-year reunion
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Meetings — Monday, July 23, 2018
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Lot sale approved for new Eye Care Center of Rome
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Sherrill expands tobacco use restrictions
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Guilty plea in Utica homicide
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Pair arrested in string of New Hartford thefts