Corrections officer job openings focus of info sessions
NEW HARTFORD — Corrections officer job openings at the county jail will be discussed at two informational sessions in the center court at the Sangertown Square Mall on Thursday and Friday.
Officials said Sheriff’s Office representatives will be on hand to talk about the career opportunities of a corrections officer, along with job specifications, requirements, benefits and the hiring process. Applications will also be available on site.
The sessions will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday and Friday. The starting salary for a corrections officer is $40,348 after basic training. A full-time position offers medical, dental and optical health benefits. Corrections officers are part of the New York State 25-year retirement plan. Requirements include being at least 18-years-old and an Oneida County resident, with at high school diploma or G.E.D. Applicants must also not have any felony convictions.
- 4:10pm 04/19/18RCS festival to return
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Federal reps seek funds to fortify security at Rome Lab
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Farmer, politician seek answers after reported ICE raid
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Local officials blast Tenney criticism of eminent domain in hospital project
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Mayor to give State of the City speech May 8
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Tax deadline approaching
- 4:00pm 04/19/18City to host Spring Fling
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Pair win its 'All About the Meat' contest
- 4:00pm 04/19/18SUNY Poly to highlight student research
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Community Foundation pledges $5M to coalition to fight lead poisoning