Corrections officer job openings focus of info sessions
NEW HARTFORD — Corrections officer job openings at the county jail will be discussed at two informational sessions in the center court at the Sangertown Square Mall on Thursday and Friday.
Officials said Sheriff’s Office representatives will be on hand to talk about the career opportunities of a corrections officer, along with job specifications, requirements, benefits and the hiring process. Applications will also be available on site.
The sessions will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday and Friday. The starting salary for a corrections officer is $40,348 after basic training. A full-time position offers medical, dental and optical health benefits. Corrections officers are part of the New York State 25-year retirement plan. Requirements include being at least 18-years-old and an Oneida County resident, with at high school diploma or G.E.D. Applicants must also not have any felony convictions.
- 4:10pm 10/20/18City has ‘twofold’ plan to replace parking garage
- 4:10pm 10/20/18Strough inducts new Junior Honor Society members
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Mohawk Valley Water Authority considering rate hike
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Old-fashioned fireplace saves home from burning
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Truck driver gets three years probation for fraud
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Psychiatric Center worker accused of wage theft
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Debate Oct. 30 between Assembly 119 candidates
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Unemployment rate declines in region
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Hours extended at Board of Elections
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Cinema Capitol to host ‘out of this world’ double feature