Corrections officer job fair slated
NEW HARTFORD — The Oneida County Sheriff's Office will hold a corrections officer job fair in the center court at Sangertown Square Mall on Wednesday and Thursday.
The Community Affairs Unit will host the job fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. to share information about working in corrections at the county jail in Whitestown. They will discuss job specifications, requirements, benefits and the hiring process.
The job fair is open to anyone interested in the position, authorities said.
Applications will be available at the job fair for anyone willing to work as a part-time corrections officer. The next civil service exam for full-time corrections officers will be held on Feb. 3. The application deadline for the civil service exam in Dec. 15.
- 2:00pm 01/23/18Attorney general investigating man’s death in Taser incident
- 12:30pm 01/23/18Equipment failure means lights out for thousands in Camden
- 12:21pm 01/23/18Harden assets for sale, report says
- 11:27am 01/23/18Herd of 56 cows die in Constableville blaze
- 4:02pm 01/22/18Man dies after being hit with police Taser
- 4:01pm 01/22/18Rome launches 311 app
- 4:00pm 01/22/18Utica man charged with murder following infant's death
- 4:00pm 01/22/18No arguing over success of speech and debate tourney at RFA
- 4:00pm 01/22/18Meeting on Utica Street bridge rehab Feb. 7
- 4:00pm 01/22/18Council seeks input on PILOT program for solar power systems