Corrections officer job fair slated
NEW HARTFORD — The Oneida County Sheriff's Office will hold a corrections officer job fair in the center court at Sangertown Square Mall on Wednesday and Thursday.
The Community Affairs Unit will host the job fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. to share information about working in corrections at the county jail in Whitestown. They will discuss job specifications, requirements, benefits and the hiring process.
The job fair is open to anyone interested in the position, authorities said.
Applications will be available at the job fair for anyone willing to work as a part-time corrections officer. The next civil service exam for full-time corrections officers will be held on Feb. 3. The application deadline for the civil service exam in Dec. 15.
- 4:01pm 10/19/18Morning accident in Rome snarled morning traffic
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Express Employment Professionals First Dollar of Profit
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Alexis Jones, founder of I Am That Girl, to speak at MVCC
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Help available to update, change Medicare plans
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Westmoreland’s ‘most mysterious locale’ open to public tonight
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Take Back the Night event for Domestic Violence Awareness Month in Rome
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Adults ticketed after ECOs say teens hunting illegally
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Driver injured, ticketed in crash
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Threat at school leads to investigation
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Oneida Lake boat launch closed temporarily