Corrections officer job fair slated
NEW HARTFORD — The Oneida County Sheriff's Office will hold a corrections officer job fair in the center court at Sangertown Square Mall on Wednesday and Thursday.
The Community Affairs Unit will host the job fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. to share information about working in corrections at the county jail in Whitestown. They will discuss job specifications, requirements, benefits and the hiring process.
The job fair is open to anyone interested in the position, authorities said.
Applications will be available at the job fair for anyone willing to work as a part-time corrections officer. The next civil service exam for full-time corrections officers will be held on Feb. 3. The application deadline for the civil service exam in Dec. 15.
- 4:10pm 07/16/18Development agency approves packages for Griffiss projects
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Gillibrand touts bill to cut medication costs
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Town of New Hartford closes on Gander Mountain site; building to house all town offices, officials say
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Low water at Delta Lake
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Floyd Field Days attracts crowd
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Mayor plans neighborhood walk Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Eastern Star Home to mark 110th anniversary
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Cuomo: Keep allowing food stamp program use at farm markets
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Accident claims life of area teenager, law enforcers report
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Ava man faces multiple charges after high-speed chase