Corrections officer job fair slated
NEW HARTFORD — The Oneida County Sheriff's Office will hold a corrections officer job fair in the center court at Sangertown Square Mall on Wednesday and Thursday.
The Community Affairs Unit will host the job fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. to share information about working in corrections at the county jail in Whitestown. They will discuss job specifications, requirements, benefits and the hiring process.
The job fair is open to anyone interested in the position, authorities said.
Applications will be available at the job fair for anyone willing to work as a part-time corrections officer. The next civil service exam for full-time corrections officers will be held on Feb. 3. The application deadline for the civil service exam in Dec. 15.
- 6:33pm 03/22/18Update: Coffin found guilty of murder
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Meetings — March 23, 2018
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Proposal calls for Rome Lab to receive $243 million
- 4:00pm 03/22/18NYSSD crowns its king and queen
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Madison County issues warning on ‘sharps’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Man, 50, killed in Utica shooting
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Wellness Fair set for Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Oneida woman seeks to fill state Supreme Court vacancy
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Public Safety Logs — March 22, 2018
- 10:00am 03/22/18Longtime employee Viti buys Herb Philipson’s