Corrections officer job fair slated
NEW HARTFORD — The Oneida County Sheriff's Office will hold a corrections officer job fair in the center court at Sangertown Square Mall on Wednesday and Thursday.
The Community Affairs Unit will host the job fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. to share information about working in corrections at the county jail in Whitestown. They will discuss job specifications, requirements, benefits and the hiring process.
The job fair is open to anyone interested in the position, authorities said.
Applications will be available at the job fair for anyone willing to work as a part-time corrections officer. The next civil service exam for full-time corrections officers will be held on Feb. 3. The application deadline for the civil service exam in Dec. 15.
- 4:10pm 11/22/17Ribbon cut for new health care services downtown
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Gingerbread Village open at Turning Stone
- 4:00pm 11/22/17House at 426 W. Court St. demolished
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Small businesses to come together Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Army helicopters at Griffiss
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Lee waits for answers to trickle in from state on well-drilling
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Two run for one seat on Lee Board of Fire Commissioners
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Comets deliver turkeys, and good will, to local families in need
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Sherrill to host Christmas lighting contest
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Discussion on U.S.-Iran relations at Hamilton College