Charged in pulling fire alarm at County Office Building
A man was charged with falsely pulling a fire alarm at the County Office Building in Utica Friday afternoon.
Sheriff’s deputies said Yamil Montalvo pulled the alarm at around 4 p.m. when there was no real emergency and because of the activation, all employees were evacuated. Utica Fire Department responded as a precaution. No injuries were reported during the incident, deputies said. The sheriff’s Criminal Investigation Unit later charged Montalvo with second-degree falsely reporting an incident, a class E felony. He was arraigned and sent to county jail in lieu of 5,000 cash bail to re-appear in City Court.
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Clerk gets some backing from lawmakers at budget hearing
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Blood recipients winners in ‘Battle of the Badges’
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Economic panel to hold outreach meeting Oct. 25
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Rome-Area Hunger Walk steps off Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Drugged driving charged in Lewis County
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Take Back the Night Thursday at City Hall
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Syracuse Stage visits Joy Elementary
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Meetings — Thursday, Oct. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Madison County man accused of welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Colonial Park to host tribute for its veterans