Charged in pulling fire alarm at County Office Building
A man was charged with falsely pulling a fire alarm at the County Office Building in Utica Friday afternoon.
Sheriff’s deputies said Yamil Montalvo pulled the alarm at around 4 p.m. when there was no real emergency and because of the activation, all employees were evacuated. Utica Fire Department responded as a precaution. No injuries were reported during the incident, deputies said. The sheriff’s Criminal Investigation Unit later charged Montalvo with second-degree falsely reporting an incident, a class E felony. He was arraigned and sent to county jail in lieu of 5,000 cash bail to re-appear in City Court.
- 11:45am 08/17/18Attempted purse-snatching probed
- 11:45am 08/17/18Man accused of assault, following hit-and-run
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Zoning dispute becomes heated in Lee
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Trucker pleads guilty to lying to state in Workers’ Comp case
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Rome Police nab wanted man
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Area officials blast Cuomo comment
- 4:00pm 08/16/18City seeks applicants for arena work
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Community Foundation awards over $1.4M in grants to area organizations
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Movies — Aug. 16, 2018
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Public Safety Logs — Aug. 16, 2018