Charged in pulling fire alarm at County Office Building
A man was charged with falsely pulling a fire alarm at the County Office Building in Utica Friday afternoon.
Sheriff’s deputies said Yamil Montalvo pulled the alarm at around 4 p.m. when there was no real emergency and because of the activation, all employees were evacuated. Utica Fire Department responded as a precaution. No injuries were reported during the incident, deputies said. The sheriff’s Criminal Investigation Unit later charged Montalvo with second-degree falsely reporting an incident, a class E felony. He was arraigned and sent to county jail in lieu of 5,000 cash bail to re-appear in City Court.
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Police warn drivers to obey crosswalks, lookout for pedestrians
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Police seek help to identify suspect
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Former state trooper arrested second time for drunk driving
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Officials seek to raise awareness of elder abuse
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Camden Class of 1963 to hold 55-year reunion
- 4:00pm 06/20/181973 RFA 45-year class reunion Aug. 10-11
- 4:00pm 06/20/18County Jail to receive $200,000 from state to help with opioid treatment, services
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Meetings — Thursday, June 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Travel Club helps students see world, expand horizons
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Public Safety Logs — June 20, 2018