Canadian accused of stealing car in Ilion and abandoning it in Ohio
ILION — A Canadian woman has been charged with felony grand larceny after law enforcers said she stole a car in Herkimer County and drove to the State of Ohio. Police said Hope Charity Faith Bordynuik, 24, of Thunder Bay, Ontario, abandoned a family member’s vehicle in Ilion on Sept. 17 after it ran low on gas. Police said Bordynuik then stole a 2013 Chevy Malibu from the parking lot of the Dollar General in Ilion and drove all the way to Ohio, where this vehicle was also abandoned.
Police said Bordynuik was taken into custody in Ohio on Oct. 2 and she was returned to Herkimer County, charged with one count each of third-degree grand larceny and seventh-degree possession of a controlled substance. Bordynuik was arraigned in Village Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $4,000 cash bail or $8,000 bond.
She is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:01pm 02/19/18Plan would shutter Annsville Elementary
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Assemblyman airs concerns over budget transparency
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Fishing derby at Delta Lake
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Roof collapses at former Waterbury & Son Felt Company
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Furnace blamed in Clinton fire; man displaced
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Griffo, colleague ask SUNY to buy local
- 4:00pm 02/19/18NEON Night Racing for drones to be held in April at SUNY Poly
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Utica man linked to overdose deaths, troopers say
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Real estate broker named to advisory board
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Holy Cross Academy hosts survivor of Holocaust