Canadian accused of stealing car in Ilion and abandoning it in Ohio
ILION — A Canadian woman has been charged with felony grand larceny after law enforcers said she stole a car in Herkimer County and drove to the State of Ohio. Police said Hope Charity Faith Bordynuik, 24, of Thunder Bay, Ontario, abandoned a family member’s vehicle in Ilion on Sept. 17 after it ran low on gas. Police said Bordynuik then stole a 2013 Chevy Malibu from the parking lot of the Dollar General in Ilion and drove all the way to Ohio, where this vehicle was also abandoned.
Police said Bordynuik was taken into custody in Ohio on Oct. 2 and she was returned to Herkimer County, charged with one count each of third-degree grand larceny and seventh-degree possession of a controlled substance. Bordynuik was arraigned in Village Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $4,000 cash bail or $8,000 bond.
She is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:01pm 08/17/18Lee officials hope digital sign will help curb speeding
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Band to celebrate 40th year of performing with new CD
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Boy Scouts begin countdown to annual Leadership Dinner
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Four accused of making meth at campsite
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Fresh Air Fund committee welcomes children from New York City
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Mayor to walk neighborhood Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Tenney, Brindisi camps work on scheduling debates
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Pour Your Heart Out event to aid Arc Oneida-Lewis Chapter
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Backpack Giveaway Saturday at MVCC's Utica Campus
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Vernon-Verona-Sherrill High School football field face lift continues