Canadian accused of stealing car in Ilion and abandoning it in Ohio
ILION — A Canadian woman has been charged with felony grand larceny after law enforcers said she stole a car in Herkimer County and drove to the State of Ohio. Police said Hope Charity Faith Bordynuik, 24, of Thunder Bay, Ontario, abandoned a family member’s vehicle in Ilion on Sept. 17 after it ran low on gas. Police said Bordynuik then stole a 2013 Chevy Malibu from the parking lot of the Dollar General in Ilion and drove all the way to Ohio, where this vehicle was also abandoned.
Police said Bordynuik was taken into custody in Ohio on Oct. 2 and she was returned to Herkimer County, charged with one count each of third-degree grand larceny and seventh-degree possession of a controlled substance. Bordynuik was arraigned in Village Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $4,000 cash bail or $8,000 bond.
She is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 12:04pm 05/25/18Premier to ground Rome operations
- 4:10pm 05/24/18Sylvan Beach gears up for sun, fun
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Dairy farmers share concerns with county officials at forum
- 4:00pm 05/24/18French and Indian War Weekend returns to Fort Stanwix
- 4:00pm 05/24/18City reaches five-year pact with police union
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Kirkland Bird Club to offer hike
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Great Swamp to host free event with expert angler
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Patrols to be out in force Memorial Day weekend
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Movies — May 24, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Holy Cross Academy celebrates 20 years of service, educating area youth