Canadian accused of stealing car in Ilion and abandoning it in Ohio
ILION — A Canadian woman has been charged with felony grand larceny after law enforcers said she stole a car in Herkimer County and drove to the State of Ohio. Police said Hope Charity Faith Bordynuik, 24, of Thunder Bay, Ontario, abandoned a family member’s vehicle in Ilion on Sept. 17 after it ran low on gas. Police said Bordynuik then stole a 2013 Chevy Malibu from the parking lot of the Dollar General in Ilion and drove all the way to Ohio, where this vehicle was also abandoned.
Police said Bordynuik was taken into custody in Ohio on Oct. 2 and she was returned to Herkimer County, charged with one count each of third-degree grand larceny and seventh-degree possession of a controlled substance. Bordynuik was arraigned in Village Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $4,000 cash bail or $8,000 bond.
She is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 11:55am 10/21/17Audit: Gov’ts lose millions in water loss
- 6:55pm 10/20/17Electronic paper trail focus of day five of Conley trial
- 4:10pm 10/20/17Local boy has recipe for success
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Fall foliage at or near peak in eight of state’s 11 regions
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Skunk tests positive for rabies in Marcy after fighting with dog, say officials
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Pre-trial motions address evidence, issues in Oneida murder trial
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Central New York Citizens in Action holds vigil
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Madison County streamlines pistol permit process
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Heroin forum spurs debate between rivals
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Take Back the Night event against domestic violence held in Rome