Canadian accused of stealing car in Ilion and abandoning it in Ohio
ILION — A Canadian woman has been charged with felony grand larceny after law enforcers said she stole a car in Herkimer County and drove to the State of Ohio. Police said Hope Charity Faith Bordynuik, 24, of Thunder Bay, Ontario, abandoned a family member’s vehicle in Ilion on Sept. 17 after it ran low on gas. Police said Bordynuik then stole a 2013 Chevy Malibu from the parking lot of the Dollar General in Ilion and drove all the way to Ohio, where this vehicle was also abandoned.
Police said Bordynuik was taken into custody in Ohio on Oct. 2 and she was returned to Herkimer County, charged with one count each of third-degree grand larceny and seventh-degree possession of a controlled substance. Bordynuik was arraigned in Village Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $4,000 cash bail or $8,000 bond.
She is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:10pm 12/13/17City workers gather enough toys for holiday presents for 40 children
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Leadership likely to remain the same for Board of Legislators
- 4:00pm 12/13/17'A Tuba Christmas' held at Capitol
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Oneida passes 2018 budget over mayor’s objection to tax hike
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Robotics contest Saturday at RFA
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Highway super: Don’t blow snow in streets
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Lee to get nearly $30,000 for sale of timber in town park
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Utican faces drug charges after Thruway search
- 4:00pm 12/13/17SEQR may help resolve landfill dispute, say officials
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Valesky helps unveil Tesla program at OCC