Burnt toast forces evacuation of offices
Breakfast didn’t go over easy at the County Clerk’s Office this morning when a burnt piece of toast set off an alarm that ordered the evacuation of the entire building, officials said.
Deputies said at 9:48 a.m., 800 Park Ave. was evacuated from a smoke alarm activation on the fifth floor.
When deputies responded to the fifth floor, they said they found that burnt toast from the Oneida County Clerk’s Office had set off the alarm.
Utica Fire Department responded, confirmed the cause determined the building was safe for re-entry. No one was injured.
Utica Police assisted.
- 4:11pm 05/19/18Cats killed, house destroyed in Sunset Lane fire
- 4:10pm 05/19/18Dozens of students recognized in cursive writing contest
- 4:00pm 05/19/1852-year-old Verona man charged after stand-off
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Public Safety Logs — May 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Tours of historic Old Main building to be held June 8, state announces
- 4:00pm 05/19/18MVCAA to receive nearly $10M from feds for Head Start and Early Head Start programs
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Madison Co. offers list of trash haulers
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Meetings — Monday, May 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Liam, Olivia top baby names in New York for 2017
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Health official: Influenza no longer prevalent in New York