Burnt toast forces evacuation of offices
Breakfast didn’t go over easy at the County Clerk’s Office this morning when a burnt piece of toast set off an alarm that ordered the evacuation of the entire building, officials said.
Deputies said at 9:48 a.m., 800 Park Ave. was evacuated from a smoke alarm activation on the fifth floor.
When deputies responded to the fifth floor, they said they found that burnt toast from the Oneida County Clerk’s Office had set off the alarm.
Utica Fire Department responded, confirmed the cause determined the building was safe for re-entry. No one was injured.
Utica Police assisted.
- 4:10pm 12/14/17Red Kettle campaign seeks boost
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Cuomo: Remove firearms from domestic abusers in state
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Crash sends teen to hospital in Camden
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Wednesday Morning Club gathers, honors deceased members during annual Christmas concert
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Local projects to receive state assistance include efforts in Rome, Utica
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Tenney inclined to back tax deal
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Greystone Animal Hospital closed until further notice
- 4:00pm 12/14/17R-CATS included in Save a Life campaign; funds raise aid stray cat program
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Man faces drug charges after search
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Meetings — Friday, Dec. 15, 2017