Burnt toast forces evacuation of offices
Breakfast didn’t go over easy at the County Clerk’s Office this morning when a burnt piece of toast set off an alarm that ordered the evacuation of the entire building, officials said.
Deputies said at 9:48 a.m., 800 Park Ave. was evacuated from a smoke alarm activation on the fifth floor.
When deputies responded to the fifth floor, they said they found that burnt toast from the Oneida County Clerk’s Office had set off the alarm.
Utica Fire Department responded, confirmed the cause determined the building was safe for re-entry. No one was injured.
Utica Police assisted.
- 4:10pm 02/17/18Jervis Public Library acknowledges fourth quarter donations, gifts
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Students honored for demonstrating outstanding character
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Rome district to begin Pre-K registration Feb. 26
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Meetings — Monday, Feb. 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Man gets 90 months in prison in child porn case
- 4:00pm 02/17/18DWI charge in Lowville crash
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Public Safety Logs — Feb. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Movies — Feb. 17, 2018
- 12:00pm 02/17/18Attendance more than doubles at Verona Beach State Park, officials report
- 11:30am 02/17/18New York offers free fishing weekend and ice fishing clinic