Burnt toast forces evacuation of offices
Breakfast didn’t go over easy at the County Clerk’s Office this morning when a burnt piece of toast set off an alarm that ordered the evacuation of the entire building, officials said.
Deputies said at 9:48 a.m., 800 Park Ave. was evacuated from a smoke alarm activation on the fifth floor.
When deputies responded to the fifth floor, they said they found that burnt toast from the Oneida County Clerk’s Office had set off the alarm.
Utica Fire Department responded, confirmed the cause determined the building was safe for re-entry. No one was injured.
Utica Police assisted.
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Only few small hurdles remain for Strough reopening
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Dozens attend area forum on hate crimes
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Officials hail completion of ‘transformative’ Griffiss Parkway
- 4:00pm 08/15/18$2M state grant aims to boost high-tech business
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Beware of new IRS scam
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Yorkville man indicted by grand jury in stabbing death
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Kids Oneida, Children’s Museum to hold block party Thursday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Meetings — Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Public Safety Logs — Aug. 15, 2018
- 4:00pm 08/15/18R-CATS fundraiser Tuesday at Wendy’s