Burnt toast forces evacuation of offices
Breakfast didn’t go over easy at the County Clerk’s Office this morning when a burnt piece of toast set off an alarm that ordered the evacuation of the entire building, officials said.
Deputies said at 9:48 a.m., 800 Park Ave. was evacuated from a smoke alarm activation on the fifth floor.
When deputies responded to the fifth floor, they said they found that burnt toast from the Oneida County Clerk’s Office had set off the alarm.
Utica Fire Department responded, confirmed the cause determined the building was safe for re-entry. No one was injured.
Utica Police assisted.
- 4:00pm 11/15/18City's Board of Estimate to hold special meeting
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Board, groups meet to discuss minority concerns
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Flakes to fly; several inches of snow likely
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Oneida County lawmakers approve budget without gaming revenue sharing
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Nursing facility donates to Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Rescue Mission puts out call for turkeys
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Lewis County man hospitalized after rescuing dogs from fire
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Council approves trash, dog ordinance changes
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Trailbusters to host NYS safety course
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Children can send Christmas wishes to Santa Claus