Blossvale woman accused of vehicular manslaughter
After the victim in a drunken driving crash died at the hospital, a Blossvale woman has been charged with vehicular manslaughter, according to an announcement by local law enforcement officials.
Utica Police said Jennifer L. Pritchard, 43, was eastbound on Oriskany Street in Utica at about 2:25 pm. Feb. 26 when her Volkswagen crossed the double solid lines and crashed into an oncoming Honda, driven by Janet Moskal, 87, of Utica.
Both women were hospitalized for their injuries, the law enforcers said.
Pritchard was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol and she was charged with driving while intoxicated and failure to keep right, authorities said.
Two days after the crash, police said Moskal passed away from her injuries, law enforcers said.
Pritchard turned herself in to police on March 5, where she was charged with an additional count of felony second-degree vehicular manslaughter, police stated.
She is scheduled to appear in Utica City Court, authorities added.
- 4:10pm 03/17/18Camden announces top ten scholars
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Two at EADS receive promotions
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Three earn high honors at South Lewis
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Textbooks approved by BOE in 5-2 vote
- 4:00pm 03/17/18School district redefines lease agreement to use Kost Field Complex
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Student, 11, charged in Westmoreland threat
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Pair accused of welfare fraud in Madison County
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Henry P. Smith Post hosts meeting Tuesday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Lowville teen caught in Walmart fraud
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Utica Dollars for Scholars applications deadline approaching