Blossvale woman accused of vehicular manslaughter
After the victim in a drunken driving crash died at the hospital, a Blossvale woman has been charged with vehicular manslaughter, according to an announcement by local law enforcement officials.
Utica Police said Jennifer L. Pritchard, 43, was eastbound on Oriskany Street in Utica at about 2:25 pm. Feb. 26 when her Volkswagen crossed the double solid lines and crashed into an oncoming Honda, driven by Janet Moskal, 87, of Utica.
Both women were hospitalized for their injuries, the law enforcers said.
Pritchard was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol and she was charged with driving while intoxicated and failure to keep right, authorities said.
Two days after the crash, police said Moskal passed away from her injuries, law enforcers said.
Pritchard turned herself in to police on March 5, where she was charged with an additional count of felony second-degree vehicular manslaughter, police stated.
She is scheduled to appear in Utica City Court, authorities added.
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Second dairy forum Monday evening at CCE in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Joy teacher resigns, letter notes school district failings
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Video game player returns from Las Vegas competition
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Bank, Foundation to give $250,000 to aid cancer center
- 4:00pm 12/08/18School district occupational therapist resigns
- 4:00pm 12/08/18RFA to host Wreaths Across America event
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Madison County man charged with larceny, welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Vandal targeting vehicles, houses in Madison County
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Five accused of selling smokes to minors in sting