Blossvale woman accused of vehicular manslaughter
After the victim in a drunken driving crash died at the hospital, a Blossvale woman has been charged with vehicular manslaughter, according to an announcement by local law enforcement officials.
Utica Police said Jennifer L. Pritchard, 43, was eastbound on Oriskany Street in Utica at about 2:25 pm. Feb. 26 when her Volkswagen crossed the double solid lines and crashed into an oncoming Honda, driven by Janet Moskal, 87, of Utica.
Both women were hospitalized for their injuries, the law enforcers said.
Pritchard was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol and she was charged with driving while intoxicated and failure to keep right, authorities said.
Two days after the crash, police said Moskal passed away from her injuries, law enforcers said.
Pritchard turned herself in to police on March 5, where she was charged with an additional count of felony second-degree vehicular manslaughter, police stated.
She is scheduled to appear in Utica City Court, authorities added.
- 4:10pm 06/22/18Three grads at NYSSD look forward to the “adventures” of the future
- 4:00pm 06/22/18RFA graduation slated for 10 a.m.
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Harden closes again
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Drivers to get view of ‘Nature’s Wrath’
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Holland Patent High School names 2018 academic leaders
- 4:00pm 06/22/18High above Rome
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Brindisi, Tenney trade barbs on federal immigration policies
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Teen accused of having sex with underage girl
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Guatemalan at center of local controversy pleads guilty
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Man pleads guilty to production of child pornography