Blossvale woman accused of vehicular manslaughter
After the victim in a drunken driving crash died at the hospital, a Blossvale woman has been charged with vehicular manslaughter, according to an announcement by local law enforcement officials.
Utica Police said Jennifer L. Pritchard, 43, was eastbound on Oriskany Street in Utica at about 2:25 pm. Feb. 26 when her Volkswagen crossed the double solid lines and crashed into an oncoming Honda, driven by Janet Moskal, 87, of Utica.
Both women were hospitalized for their injuries, the law enforcers said.
Pritchard was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol and she was charged with driving while intoxicated and failure to keep right, authorities said.
Two days after the crash, police said Moskal passed away from her injuries, law enforcers said.
Pritchard turned herself in to police on March 5, where she was charged with an additional count of felony second-degree vehicular manslaughter, police stated.
She is scheduled to appear in Utica City Court, authorities added.
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Super is effective, board reports
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Golf tournament, donations aid local teams
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Utica Housing Authority to host workshop for seniors
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Contractor gets support for move to new location in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Two accused of fraud
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Teacher in court for pre-trial hearing
- 4:00pm 09/22/18SUNY Poly receives grant to study blindness from foundation
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Accident snarls traffic at city intersection
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Water main flushing to start Tuesday in Oneida, say officals
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Meetings — Monday, Sept. 24, 2018