Barneveld home heavily damaged in blaze
BARNEVELD — The second floor of a two-story home on Trenton Falls Road sustained extensive damage from a blaze Sunday night.
Fire officials are leaning toward a chimney malfunction as the cause.
Barneveld Fire Chief Kevin Kalk said the resident called 9-1-1 at about 8:45 p.m. to report the fire discovered on the second floor.
Remsen and Stittville fire departments responded with mutual aid, while Prospect Ambulance and Holland Patent were placed on stand-by.
About 20 fire personnel were on the scene, Kalk said, and it took about 25 minutes to get the blaze under control.
The chief said the fire started in the area of the chimney, but the exact cause remains under investigation.
Flames were contained to the second floor where the majority of damage occurred, while there was some water and smoke damage to the first floor, Kalk said.
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Inspirational senior defies issues, odds
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Pair of future teachers receive Rossetti Scholarship Awards
- 4:00pm 06/18/18It's strawberry time again
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Brindisi, Tenney spar over oil bill
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Man charged with assault in knife attack, police say
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Pair wanted in Walmart theft
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Man accused of switching tags at home improvement stores
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Meetings — Tuesday, June 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Westmoreland Student of the Year
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Local students among engineering society honorees