Barneveld home heavily damaged in blaze
BARNEVELD — The second floor of a two-story home on Trenton Falls Road sustained extensive damage from a blaze Sunday night.
Fire officials are leaning toward a chimney malfunction as the cause.
Barneveld Fire Chief Kevin Kalk said the resident called 9-1-1 at about 8:45 p.m. to report the fire discovered on the second floor.
Remsen and Stittville fire departments responded with mutual aid, while Prospect Ambulance and Holland Patent were placed on stand-by.
About 20 fire personnel were on the scene, Kalk said, and it took about 25 minutes to get the blaze under control.
The chief said the fire started in the area of the chimney, but the exact cause remains under investigation.
Flames were contained to the second floor where the majority of damage occurred, while there was some water and smoke damage to the first floor, Kalk said.
- 12:00pm 01/18/18Car collides with bus; students unhurt
- 12:00pm 01/18/18Bullet found on Oneida district bus
- 4:10pm 01/17/18AIS awarded $48M Air Force contract
- 4:01pm 01/17/18Committee meets to refine plans for $10M downtown initiative
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Man charged with rape in case of missing teen
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Aid mixed for schools
- 4:00pm 01/17/18RFA to host Show Choir Festival on Friday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Contract, coach on board agenda
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Proposed school aid figures for area districts
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Retooling Rome seeks public input