Barneveld home heavily damaged in blaze
BARNEVELD — The second floor of a two-story home on Trenton Falls Road sustained extensive damage from a blaze Sunday night.
Fire officials are leaning toward a chimney malfunction as the cause.
Barneveld Fire Chief Kevin Kalk said the resident called 9-1-1 at about 8:45 p.m. to report the fire discovered on the second floor.
Remsen and Stittville fire departments responded with mutual aid, while Prospect Ambulance and Holland Patent were placed on stand-by.
About 20 fire personnel were on the scene, Kalk said, and it took about 25 minutes to get the blaze under control.
The chief said the fire started in the area of the chimney, but the exact cause remains under investigation.
Flames were contained to the second floor where the majority of damage occurred, while there was some water and smoke damage to the first floor, Kalk said.
- 11:46am 03/21/18Construction begins on two medical offices downtown
- 5:45pm 03/20/18Pair of witnesses testify they didn't see shooting in Coffin trial
- 4:10pm 03/20/18New projects highlight Jervis Public Library annual report
- 4:00pm 03/20/18Staley student Recchio qualifies for national archery tournament
- 4:00pm 03/20/18Former member Favata questions school board
- 4:00pm 03/20/18Final public briefing for DRI Thursday
- 4:00pm 03/20/18The Big Cheese named business of the month
- 4:00pm 03/20/18Tractor Supply Co. to host Horse Health & Feed
- 4:00pm 03/20/18SBDC Day to be observed Wednesday
- 4:00pm 03/20/18BOCES offers open house, college fair Wednesday