Barneveld home heavily damaged in blaze
BARNEVELD — The second floor of a two-story home on Trenton Falls Road sustained extensive damage from a blaze Sunday night.
Fire officials are leaning toward a chimney malfunction as the cause.
Barneveld Fire Chief Kevin Kalk said the resident called 9-1-1 at about 8:45 p.m. to report the fire discovered on the second floor.
Remsen and Stittville fire departments responded with mutual aid, while Prospect Ambulance and Holland Patent were placed on stand-by.
About 20 fire personnel were on the scene, Kalk said, and it took about 25 minutes to get the blaze under control.
The chief said the fire started in the area of the chimney, but the exact cause remains under investigation.
Flames were contained to the second floor where the majority of damage occurred, while there was some water and smoke damage to the first floor, Kalk said.
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Super is effective, board reports
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Golf tournament, donations aid local teams
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Utica Housing Authority to host workshop for seniors
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Contractor gets support for move to new location in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Two accused of fraud
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Teacher in court for pre-trial hearing
- 4:00pm 09/22/18SUNY Poly receives grant to study blindness from foundation
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Accident snarls traffic at city intersection
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Water main flushing to start Tuesday in Oneida, say officals
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Meetings — Monday, Sept. 24, 2018