Barneveld crash sends four to hospital
BARNEVELD — Four people were hospitalized after a rear-ending on Route 365 Thursday afternoon, according to area law enforcers.
Sheriff’s deputies said Dale Santamaria, 58, of Holland Patent, was stopped on Route 365 waiting to make a left turn onto Fish Hatchery Road shortly before 6 p.m. when his Chevy Impala was struck from behind by a Honda Pilot.
Deputies said that the Honda driver, Philip Borman, 52, of Cold Brook, said that he did not see that Santamaria was stopped.
Santamaria and his three passengers complained of pain and were all taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford for evaluation, deputies said.
Borman was ticketed for
following too closely, “authorities stated.
He is scheduled to appear in court, the sheriff’s deputies added.
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RACC wraps up Artletics program
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Former Roman named president of state Funeral Directors Association
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Public hearing on tax levy in Oneida on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Planet Fitness in Rome to completely modernize and remodel
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RPD holds Kops 4 Kids cookout
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Firemen's Field named after Prosser
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Adirondack Scenic Railroad launches rail bike excursions
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Madison County deputies probe fatal crash
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Crash sends three to hospital as driver tries to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 08/18/18AmeriCU honored with award