Barneveld crash sends four to hospital
BARNEVELD — Four people were hospitalized after a rear-ending on Route 365 Thursday afternoon, according to area law enforcers.
Sheriff’s deputies said Dale Santamaria, 58, of Holland Patent, was stopped on Route 365 waiting to make a left turn onto Fish Hatchery Road shortly before 6 p.m. when his Chevy Impala was struck from behind by a Honda Pilot.
Deputies said that the Honda driver, Philip Borman, 52, of Cold Brook, said that he did not see that Santamaria was stopped.
Santamaria and his three passengers complained of pain and were all taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford for evaluation, deputies said.
Borman was ticketed for
following too closely, “authorities stated.
He is scheduled to appear in court, the sheriff’s deputies added.
- 4:11pm 10/21/17High school students enjoy Career Day
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Rogers-Witt cites connection to district in bid for county seat
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Councilor Rogers seeking re-election in Third Ward
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Democratic poll claims Brindisi has slight lead in congressional race
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Family receives medals for World War II vet
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Homeownership declines in Oneida County
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Woman accused of kicking trooper
- 4:00pm 10/21/17AFL-CIO endorses Ball for sheriff
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Area counties receive Stop-DWI funds
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Global NY initiative representatives to visit Rome on Thursday