Barneveld crash sends four to hospital
BARNEVELD — Four people were hospitalized after a rear-ending on Route 365 Thursday afternoon, according to area law enforcers.
Sheriff’s deputies said Dale Santamaria, 58, of Holland Patent, was stopped on Route 365 waiting to make a left turn onto Fish Hatchery Road shortly before 6 p.m. when his Chevy Impala was struck from behind by a Honda Pilot.
Deputies said that the Honda driver, Philip Borman, 52, of Cold Brook, said that he did not see that Santamaria was stopped.
Santamaria and his three passengers complained of pain and were all taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford for evaluation, deputies said.
Borman was ticketed for
following too closely, “authorities stated.
He is scheduled to appear in court, the sheriff’s deputies added.
- 4:10pm 04/25/18Capital improvements project underway at Oriskany Central School
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Pair of Lincoln residents charged with cooking meth
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Area unemployment rate up compared to March 2017
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Ballot lines decided for Tenney, Brindisi
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Court clears Utica police officer in fatal shooting
- 4:00pm 04/25/18SUNY Poly to take part in ‘Yards for Yeardley’
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Turning Stone launching Thursday professional comedy series
- 4:00pm 04/25/18MVCC to host lecture by paralympian Tucker
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Pair of Oneonta residents accused of trying to scam businesses
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Meetings — Thursday, April 26, 2018