Barneveld crash sends four to hospital
BARNEVELD — Four people were hospitalized after a rear-ending on Route 365 Thursday afternoon, according to area law enforcers.
Sheriff’s deputies said Dale Santamaria, 58, of Holland Patent, was stopped on Route 365 waiting to make a left turn onto Fish Hatchery Road shortly before 6 p.m. when his Chevy Impala was struck from behind by a Honda Pilot.
Deputies said that the Honda driver, Philip Borman, 52, of Cold Brook, said that he did not see that Santamaria was stopped.
Santamaria and his three passengers complained of pain and were all taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford for evaluation, deputies said.
Borman was ticketed for
following too closely, “authorities stated.
He is scheduled to appear in court, the sheriff’s deputies added.
- 4:10pm 01/19/18Village keeps wary eye on temps
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Rome to launch fresh website design this weekend
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Clinton Arena in running for new lighting
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Tenney votes in favor of stopgap bill
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Community schools program may expand beyond Bellamy
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Amazon won’t deliver new headquarters to Upstate NY
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Snowmobiler ticketed for riding on sidewalk
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Remsen man accused of robbing pharmacy
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Fire Department to hold test prep class at local church
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Six months in jail for convicted sex offender