Ava man faces multiple charges after high-speed chase
TOWN OF LEYDEN — An Ava man is facing multiple charges after law enforcers said he was chased through several back roads at more than 90 mph in Lewis County late Sunday night.
Sheriff’s deputies said Abner Rosbrook, 36, of 5585 West Ava Road, was spotted speeding at 89 mph in a 55 mph zone on Golden Road at about 11:44 p.m.
When the deputy attempted to catch up to Rosbrook and pull him over, authorities said Rosbrook hit the gas and sped up to 91 mph, turning onto back roads to try to escape.
Deputies pursued Rosbrook onto Gulf Road and Route 12D, where authorities said Rosbrook lost control of his vehicle, and it became disabled in the center of the roadway. Rosbrook then surrendered.
Rosbrook is charged with third-degree fleeing a police officer, reckless driving, failure to comply, an ignition interlock violation, failure to signal a turn, failure to stop at a stop sign, unlicensed operator and two counts each of speeding and second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, authorities said. He is scheduled to appear in Town Court.
- 4:00pm 10/16/18County, Oneida Nation, libraries team up to get books in bassinets
- 4:00pm 10/16/18NBT Bank announces new vice president
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Event to aid animal rescue group
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Get a reusable goodies bag for trick-or-treating
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Good Buy Bazaar this weekend at St. Peter’s
- 4:00pm 10/16/18State offers up to $50K to help new farmers expand or improve their operations
- 4:00pm 10/16/18NAACP’s Freedom Fund event Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Turning Stone boutiques set grand opening for Nov. 1
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Madison County increases price of Solid Waste Punch Cards
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Meetings — Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2018