Ava man faces multiple charges after high-speed chase
TOWN OF LEYDEN — An Ava man is facing multiple charges after law enforcers said he was chased through several back roads at more than 90 mph in Lewis County late Sunday night.
Sheriff’s deputies said Abner Rosbrook, 36, of 5585 West Ava Road, was spotted speeding at 89 mph in a 55 mph zone on Golden Road at about 11:44 p.m.
When the deputy attempted to catch up to Rosbrook and pull him over, authorities said Rosbrook hit the gas and sped up to 91 mph, turning onto back roads to try to escape.
Deputies pursued Rosbrook onto Gulf Road and Route 12D, where authorities said Rosbrook lost control of his vehicle, and it became disabled in the center of the roadway. Rosbrook then surrendered.
Rosbrook is charged with third-degree fleeing a police officer, reckless driving, failure to comply, an ignition interlock violation, failure to signal a turn, failure to stop at a stop sign, unlicensed operator and two counts each of speeding and second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, authorities said. He is scheduled to appear in Town Court.
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Zoning dispute becomes heated in Lee
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Trucker pleads guilty to lying to state in Workers’ Comp case
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Rome Police nab wanted man
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Area officials blast Cuomo comment
- 4:00pm 08/16/18City seeks applicants for arena work
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Community Foundation awards over $1.4M in grants to area organizations
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Movies — Aug. 16, 2018
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Public Safety Logs — Aug. 16, 2018
- 12:00pm 08/16/18District outlines new school supplies decision
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Only few small hurdles remain for Strough reopening