Authorities respond to gunshot victim near South Madison Street
One person was shot near South Madison Street and was taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica this evening, according to law enforcement officials.
No arrests have been made so far.
Rome Police Det. Jeffrey M. Lanigan said an adult male suffered a non-fatal injury in the area of the Burger King restaurant on South Madison Street at about 8:30 p.m. The identity of the victim has not yet been released.
"He's looking at non-life threatening injuries, transported to St. Elizabeth's," Lanigan said.
"It's being treated as a gunshot."
Lanigan said police on the scene are still trying to determine what was fired and what type of injury the victim suffered.
"The investigation is ongoing," he stated.
Lanigan noted that no arrests have been made so far and not one is in custody. More information is expected to be released in the morning.
- 4:10pm 10/20/18City has ‘twofold’ plan to replace parking garage
- 4:10pm 10/20/18Strough inducts new Junior Honor Society members
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Mohawk Valley Water Authority considering rate hike
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Old-fashioned fireplace saves home from burning
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Truck driver gets three years probation for fraud
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Psychiatric Center worker accused of wage theft
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Debate Oct. 30 between Assembly 119 candidates
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Unemployment rate declines in region
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Hours extended at Board of Elections
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Cinema Capitol to host ‘out of this world’ double feature