Authorities probe series of larcenies
TOWN OF VIENNA — A series of larcenies from vehicles are under investigation.
Sheriff’s officials said several unlocked cars were looted and rummaged through in Vienna sometime overnight between Monday and Tuesday.
Personal items and electronics were stolen out of the vehicles, authorities said.
The larcenies were discovered Tuesday morning, according to the law enforcers.
The areas of Eckel Road, Mill Street, Lewis Road and Route 49 were hit, authorities said.
No arrests have been made so far and the investigation is continuing. Authorities advise vehicle owners to always lock their motor vehicles, even at home, and to never keep expensive items in the vehicle.
- 4:10pm 02/17/18Jervis Public Library acknowledges fourth quarter donations, gifts
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Students honored for demonstrating outstanding character
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Rome district to begin Pre-K registration Feb. 26
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Meetings — Monday, Feb. 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Man gets 90 months in prison in child porn case
- 4:00pm 02/17/18DWI charge in Lowville crash
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Public Safety Logs — Feb. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Movies — Feb. 17, 2018
- 12:00pm 02/17/18Attendance more than doubles at Verona Beach State Park, officials report
- 11:30am 02/17/18New York offers free fishing weekend and ice fishing clinic