Authorities probe series of larcenies
TOWN OF VIENNA — A series of larcenies from vehicles are under investigation.
Sheriff’s officials said several unlocked cars were looted and rummaged through in Vienna sometime overnight between Monday and Tuesday.
Personal items and electronics were stolen out of the vehicles, authorities said.
The larcenies were discovered Tuesday morning, according to the law enforcers.
The areas of Eckel Road, Mill Street, Lewis Road and Route 49 were hit, authorities said.
No arrests have been made so far and the investigation is continuing. Authorities advise vehicle owners to always lock their motor vehicles, even at home, and to never keep expensive items in the vehicle.
- 1:00pm 08/15/18Pair charged with abandoning dog found tied up at Erie Canal
- 12:06pm 08/15/18Police seek fugitive
- 4:01pm 08/14/18Hundreds greet president at Griffiss
- 4:00pm 08/14/18Brindisi holds fundraiser across town from Trump visit
- 4:00pm 08/14/18Police seek public’s assistance to find runaway teen
- 4:00pm 08/14/18Fishing Derby in memory local man Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/14/18Board of Ed to meet in exec session Wednesday
- 4:00pm 08/14/18VVS to host orientation for freshmen, parents Aug. 22
- 4:00pm 08/14/18RFA Class of 1973 reunion organizers
- 4:00pm 08/14/18Organizers of the RCH Class of 1973 reunion share memories