Authorities probe series of larcenies
TOWN OF VIENNA — A series of larcenies from vehicles are under investigation.
Sheriff’s officials said several unlocked cars were looted and rummaged through in Vienna sometime overnight between Monday and Tuesday.
Personal items and electronics were stolen out of the vehicles, authorities said.
The larcenies were discovered Tuesday morning, according to the law enforcers.
The areas of Eckel Road, Mill Street, Lewis Road and Route 49 were hit, authorities said.
No arrests have been made so far and the investigation is continuing. Authorities advise vehicle owners to always lock their motor vehicles, even at home, and to never keep expensive items in the vehicle.
- 4:10pm 05/21/18Alion to consolidate its Rome operations
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Jervis Library to host Recycling Day
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Rome Community Concert Band and Alliance Classical Players to receive $2,000 in state funding
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Council to mull rebate for property owners replacing sidewalks
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Pair busted for cocaine during traffic stop
- 4:00pm 05/21/18No. 10 on Oneida County Sheriff’s Ten Most Wanted List captured
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Hazardous materials investigation at Mohawk Correctional Facility leads to heroin arrest
- 4:00pm 05/21/1845-year-old woman latest Warrant of the Week
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Bailey's Karate School holds Black Belt Spectacular
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Dairy Farmer Forum slated for Wednesday