Authorities probe series of larcenies
TOWN OF VIENNA — A series of larcenies from vehicles are under investigation.
Sheriff’s officials said several unlocked cars were looted and rummaged through in Vienna sometime overnight between Monday and Tuesday.
Personal items and electronics were stolen out of the vehicles, authorities said.
The larcenies were discovered Tuesday morning, according to the law enforcers.
The areas of Eckel Road, Mill Street, Lewis Road and Route 49 were hit, authorities said.
No arrests have been made so far and the investigation is continuing. Authorities advise vehicle owners to always lock their motor vehicles, even at home, and to never keep expensive items in the vehicle.
- 9:11am 10/22/18Family of five displaced by fire Smoke detector awakes sleeping family
- 4:10pm 10/20/18City has ‘twofold’ plan to replace parking garage
- 4:10pm 10/20/18Strough inducts new Junior Honor Society members
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Mohawk Valley Water Authority considering rate hike
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Old-fashioned fireplace saves home from burning
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Truck driver gets three years probation for fraud
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Psychiatric Center worker accused of wage theft
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Debate Oct. 30 between Assembly 119 candidates
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Unemployment rate declines in region
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Hours extended at Board of Elections