Attempted purse-snatching probed
BY SEAN I. MILLS
An attempted purse-snatching at West Dominick and North George streets Thursday morning was thwarted when the thief tripped and fell during his getaway, according to law enforcement officials.
Police said a woman was walking along at the intersection at about 10:13 a.m. Thursday when the robber came up from behind and grabbed her purse. Police said the man ran forward and the woman pursued. The thief then tripped and fell and lost the purse, authorities stated. The victim grabbed her purse and the robber fled north on foot on North George Street. The woman was not injured and recovered all of her property, police said.
The thief is described as a white or light-skinned male with brown hair, a thin build and standing about 5-foot, 1-inch or 5-foot, 2-inches tall, according to police. He was wearing a blue shirt and dark blue jeans.
The attempted robbery is under investigation by Det. Robert J. Galluppi and the Patrol Division.
Anyone with information on the suspect and the robbery is asked to call the Detective Division at 315-339-7715 or Crime Stoppers at 1-866-730-8477. All calls will be kept confidential. Anonymous email tips can be sent from the websites www.romepd.com or www.mohawkvalleycrimestoppers.com.
- 4:02pm 09/24/18Gas prices remain steady in region, AAA survey reports
- 4:01pm 09/24/18Thousands descend on the Remsen Barn Fest
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Saturday's Royalty and Rogues IV festival in Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Meetings — Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Man injured in flipped vehicle trying to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Foundation offers training for non-profits
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Pair of Oneida residents charged with driving stolen car
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Crash sends couple to hospital
- 4:00pm 09/24/18200 jobs, millions in investment projected for drone zone
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Bank donates supplies