Attempted purse-snatching probed
BY SEAN I. MILLS
An attempted purse-snatching at West Dominick and North George streets Thursday morning was thwarted when the thief tripped and fell during his getaway, according to law enforcement officials.
Police said a woman was walking along at the intersection at about 10:13 a.m. Thursday when the robber came up from behind and grabbed her purse. Police said the man ran forward and the woman pursued. The thief then tripped and fell and lost the purse, authorities stated. The victim grabbed her purse and the robber fled north on foot on North George Street. The woman was not injured and recovered all of her property, police said.
The thief is described as a white or light-skinned male with brown hair, a thin build and standing about 5-foot, 1-inch or 5-foot, 2-inches tall, according to police. He was wearing a blue shirt and dark blue jeans.
The attempted robbery is under investigation by Det. Robert J. Galluppi and the Patrol Division.
Anyone with information on the suspect and the robbery is asked to call the Detective Division at 315-339-7715 or Crime Stoppers at 1-866-730-8477. All calls will be kept confidential. Anonymous email tips can be sent from the websites www.romepd.com or www.mohawkvalleycrimestoppers.com.
- 11:46am 11/16/18Early season nor’easter socks region
- 4:00pm 11/15/18City's Board of Estimate to hold special meeting
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Board, groups meet to discuss minority concerns
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Flakes to fly; several inches of snow likely
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Oneida County lawmakers approve budget without gaming revenue sharing
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Nursing facility donates to Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Rescue Mission puts out call for turkeys
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Lewis County man hospitalized after rescuing dogs from fire
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Council approves trash, dog ordinance changes
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Trailbusters to host NYS safety course