Area man dies in head-on collision
TOWN OF VERNON — A 27-year-old man was killed in a head-on collision on Skinner Road Monday afternoon, according to law enforcement officials.
State police said Jacob B. Ross, of Vernon Center, was eastbound shortly after 5 p.m. when his vehicle crossed into the oncoming lane and collided with a westbound vehicle, driven by 18-year-old Gabrielle March.
Troopers said rescue personnel extricated Ross from his vehicle and he was rushed to a local hospital.
Ross died from his injuries a short time later, the law enforcers said.
State police said Ross was not wearing his seatbelt at the time of the crash.
The accident remains under investigation. It occurred near Potash Hill Road. Troopers said March suffered a broken ankle in the crash.
- 12:00pm 09/24/18Yorkville man rejects plea offer for second-degree murder
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Super is effective, board reports
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Golf tournament, donations aid local teams
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Utica Housing Authority to host workshop for seniors
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Contractor gets support for move to new location in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Two accused of fraud
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Teacher in court for pre-trial hearing
- 4:00pm 09/22/18SUNY Poly receives grant to study blindness from foundation
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Accident snarls traffic at city intersection
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Water main flushing to start Tuesday in Oneida, say officals