Area man dies in head-on collision
TOWN OF VERNON — A 27-year-old man was killed in a head-on collision on Skinner Road Monday afternoon, according to law enforcement officials.
State police said Jacob B. Ross, of Vernon Center, was eastbound shortly after 5 p.m. when his vehicle crossed into the oncoming lane and collided with a westbound vehicle, driven by 18-year-old Gabrielle March.
Troopers said rescue personnel extricated Ross from his vehicle and he was rushed to a local hospital.
Ross died from his injuries a short time later, the law enforcers said.
State police said Ross was not wearing his seatbelt at the time of the crash.
The accident remains under investigation. It occurred near Potash Hill Road. Troopers said March suffered a broken ankle in the crash.
- 4:10pm 11/17/18City’s Codes Department unveils hybrid car fleet $100,000 state grant funds purchase of new, energy-efficient vehicles
- 4:00pm 11/17/18DEC seeks input on managing Tug Hill lands
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Civic group honors AmeriCu’s Manuele
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Drivers urged to think safety as winter descends on region
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Woman gets probation for theft
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Eight area residents among state police grads
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Jervis serves as collection point for multiple community outreach efforts
- 4:00pm 11/17/18State champion RFA Marching Band receives commendation
- 4:00pm 11/17/18School board debates membership in statewide association
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Public Safety Logs — Nov. 17, 2018