Amber Alert issued for 14-month-old
An Amber Alert was issued for a 14-month-old boy whose mother was found dead just east of Rochester this morning.
However, the child was last seen on May 16 in Sodus, Wayne County.
According to the alert, "The child was taken under circumstances that lead police to believe they are in imminent danger of serious physical harm and/or death."
Anyone with any information on this abduction is asked to call the Wayne County Sheriff's Office at (866)N Y S-AMBER or dial 911 to provide information on a report or sighting.
Owen Hidalgo-Calderon has brown hair and brown eyes, is about 2-feet tall and weighs approximately 30 pounds. Wayne County Sheriff's investigators said the child is know to need asthma medication. It is unknown what he was last seen wearing.
According to reports, the child's mother, 18-year-old Selena Hidalgo-Calderon, was found in the woods Wednesday morning near her home on Joy Road in Sodus.
Her 14-month-old son Owen was still missing as of this morning when the alert was issued.
Hidalgo-Calderon's boyfriend, 25-year-old Alberto Reyes, has been arrested in connection to her death after Wayne County Sheriff Barry Virts said Reyes told deputies he removed her body from their home and buried her in the woods, but did not admit to killing her.
- 4:02pm 09/24/18Gas prices remain steady in region, AAA survey reports
- 4:01pm 09/24/18Thousands descend on the Remsen Barn Fest
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Saturday's Royalty and Rogues IV festival in Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Meetings — Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Man injured in flipped vehicle trying to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Foundation offers training for non-profits
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Pair of Oneida residents charged with driving stolen car
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Crash sends couple to hospital
- 4:00pm 09/24/18200 jobs, millions in investment projected for drone zone
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Bank donates supplies