Amber Alert issued for 14-month-old
An Amber Alert was issued for a 14-month-old boy whose mother was found dead just east of Rochester this morning.
However, the child was last seen on May 16 in Sodus, Wayne County.
According to the alert, "The child was taken under circumstances that lead police to believe they are in imminent danger of serious physical harm and/or death."
Anyone with any information on this abduction is asked to call the Wayne County Sheriff's Office at (866)N Y S-AMBER or dial 911 to provide information on a report or sighting.
Owen Hidalgo-Calderon has brown hair and brown eyes, is about 2-feet tall and weighs approximately 30 pounds. Wayne County Sheriff's investigators said the child is know to need asthma medication. It is unknown what he was last seen wearing.
According to reports, the child's mother, 18-year-old Selena Hidalgo-Calderon, was found in the woods Wednesday morning near her home on Joy Road in Sodus.
Her 14-month-old son Owen was still missing as of this morning when the alert was issued.
Hidalgo-Calderon's boyfriend, 25-year-old Alberto Reyes, has been arrested in connection to her death after Wayne County Sheriff Barry Virts said Reyes told deputies he removed her body from their home and buried her in the woods, but did not admit to killing her.
- 9:00am 06/24/18Tri-Willow murders left children, community in grief, fear
- 4:02pm 06/23/18345 get diplomas at RFA commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany Central School celebrates 2018 commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany graduates earn honors
- 4:00pm 06/23/18154 students turn tassels at Camden commencement
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Camden grads receive awards, scholarships
- 4:00pm 06/23/18RFA senior earns special credential
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Conservation officer hooks Madison County angler
- 4:00pm 06/23/18GlassBarge gives free glassblowing demonstrations
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Public Safety Logs — June 23, 2018