Albany County man leads police on chase
An Albany County man is accused of leading law enforcement officers on a chase through Lewis County Saturday night while operating a Polaris Razor off-road vehicle.
Sheriff’s deputies said Gregory S. Blanchard, 33, of Delmar, was spotted driving his 2015 Polaris RZR through a residential back yard on Route 26 in the Town of Turin at about 8 p.m. Deputies attempted to stop Blanchard as he drove down Route 26, but they said he refused to pull over and continued leading the officers down several county and seasonal roads.
Authorities said the chase passed into the Town of Greig, where they said Blanchard turned down a private ATV trail — only to promptly run out of gasoline. Blanchard was taken into custody, and deputies said he refused all sobriety and breath tests.
Blanchard is charged with one count of driving while intoxicated, two counts of fleeing a police officer, six counts of failure to stop at a stop sign, and one count each of failure to comply, reckless driving, speeding and several vehicle and traffic violations, deputies stated. He was arraigned in Turin Town Court and was released after posting $200 cash bail.
Blanchard is scheduled to appear in courts in both Turin and Greig.
- 4:11pm 05/19/18Cats killed, house destroyed in Sunset Lane fire
- 4:10pm 05/19/18Dozens of students recognized in cursive writing contest
- 4:00pm 05/19/1852-year-old Verona man charged after stand-off
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Public Safety Logs — May 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Tours of historic Old Main building to be held June 8, state announces
- 4:00pm 05/19/18MVCAA to receive nearly $10M from feds for Head Start and Early Head Start programs
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Madison Co. offers list of trash haulers
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Meetings — Monday, May 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Liam, Olivia top baby names in New York for 2017
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Health official: Influenza no longer prevalent in New York