Albany County man leads police on chase
An Albany County man is accused of leading law enforcement officers on a chase through Lewis County Saturday night while operating a Polaris Razor off-road vehicle.
Sheriff’s deputies said Gregory S. Blanchard, 33, of Delmar, was spotted driving his 2015 Polaris RZR through a residential back yard on Route 26 in the Town of Turin at about 8 p.m. Deputies attempted to stop Blanchard as he drove down Route 26, but they said he refused to pull over and continued leading the officers down several county and seasonal roads.
Authorities said the chase passed into the Town of Greig, where they said Blanchard turned down a private ATV trail — only to promptly run out of gasoline. Blanchard was taken into custody, and deputies said he refused all sobriety and breath tests.
Blanchard is charged with one count of driving while intoxicated, two counts of fleeing a police officer, six counts of failure to stop at a stop sign, and one count each of failure to comply, reckless driving, speeding and several vehicle and traffic violations, deputies stated. He was arraigned in Turin Town Court and was released after posting $200 cash bail.
Blanchard is scheduled to appear in courts in both Turin and Greig.
- 4:01pm 09/21/18High time for pot talks?
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Pair charged after 51 meth pots seized in Madison County drug raid
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Pair named Officers of the Month for presidential preparations
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Three charged in hit and run accident in city Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18State sends letters to schools to warn of opioid dangers
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Valesky concedes primary but remains on November ballot
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fort super to receive Medal of the Order of 1777
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Jervis joins National Voter Registration Day efforts
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Movies — Sept. 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Public Safety Logs — Sept. 21, 2018