Accident slows westbound Thruway traffic
TOWN OF VERONA — A serious motor vehicle accident on the Thruway this morning is under investigation.
The one-vehicle accident occurred at about 10:30 a.m. in the westbound lane, just beyond Exit 33 in Verona, according to law enforcement officials. Details of the accident were not immediately available. A Mercy Flight medical helicopter was called to the scene for multiple injuries, according to reports.
The state police are investigating. Multiple rescue personnel responded to the scene and westbound traffic was restricted to one lane.
- 6:59pm 03/19/18Prosecutor: Coffin was still in possession of murder weapon when taken into custody
- 4:10pm 03/19/18First of two maple weekends a big, sticky success at VVS
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Corning Museum’s GlassBarge to make stop in Sylvan Beach
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Dialogue with super March 26
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Board debate builds over proposals for architect services
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Bellamy Elementary School holds craft fair
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Man, 28, accused of whipping child with towel
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Rome Sports Hall of Fame scoops up Stewart’s grant
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Registration open for 21st annual ‘Ted’ Moore Run
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Driver charged with DWI after car, foot chase