Accident slows westbound Thruway traffic
TOWN OF VERONA — A serious motor vehicle accident on the Thruway this morning is under investigation.
The one-vehicle accident occurred at about 10:30 a.m. in the westbound lane, just beyond Exit 33 in Verona, according to law enforcement officials. Details of the accident were not immediately available. A Mercy Flight medical helicopter was called to the scene for multiple injuries, according to reports.
The state police are investigating. Multiple rescue personnel responded to the scene and westbound traffic was restricted to one lane.
- 11:48am 09/18/18Strough paving project is topic of special meeting
- 4:01pm 09/17/18Griffo secures funding to help Masonic Medical Research Institute
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Driver killed, child in critical condition following crash
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Grand re-opening of Philipson's in Rome
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Mohawk River Trail extended
- 4:00pm 09/17/18New business first dollar of profit
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Construction projects linger in region as autumn approaches
- 4:00pm 09/17/18VVS teacher recognized for completing state’s Master Teacher Program
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Oneida councilors to take up $8 million bond project to ‘stabilize’ Annsville reservoir
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Public Safety Logs — Sept. 17, 2018