Accident slows westbound Thruway traffic
TOWN OF VERONA — A serious motor vehicle accident on the Thruway this morning is under investigation.
The one-vehicle accident occurred at about 10:30 a.m. in the westbound lane, just beyond Exit 33 in Verona, according to law enforcement officials. Details of the accident were not immediately available. A Mercy Flight medical helicopter was called to the scene for multiple injuries, according to reports.
The state police are investigating. Multiple rescue personnel responded to the scene and westbound traffic was restricted to one lane.
- 9:00am 06/24/18Tri-Willow murders left children, community in grief, fear
- 4:02pm 06/23/18345 get diplomas at RFA commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany Central School celebrates 2018 commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany graduates earn honors
- 4:00pm 06/23/18154 students turn tassels at Camden commencement
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Camden grads receive awards, scholarships
- 4:00pm 06/23/18RFA senior earns special credential
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Conservation officer hooks Madison County angler
- 4:00pm 06/23/18GlassBarge gives free glassblowing demonstrations
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Public Safety Logs — June 23, 2018