52-year-old Verona man charged after stand-off
TOWN OF VERONA — The 52-year-old man charged early Friday morning in Verona was taken into custody following a 10-hour stand-off that started with a BB gun, according to law enforcement officials.
State police said Brian A. Hinton, of 5333 Broad St., was in an argument with a neighbor at about 6:30 p.m. Thursday regarding Hinton shooting a BB gun. Troopers said Hinton pointed the BB gun at his neighbor, prompting the neighbor to fear for his safety and call 9-1-1.
When troopers arrived on the scene, they said Hinton refused to come out of his home and would only talk through a window. State police remained on the scene throughout the night talking to Hinton, until he was taken into custody without incident shortly before 5 a.m. Friday.
Hinton is charged with one count of second-degree menacing, a misdemeanor, troopers said. He is scheduled to appear in Town Court.
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Super is effective, board reports
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Golf tournament, donations aid local teams
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Utica Housing Authority to host workshop for seniors
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Contractor gets support for move to new location in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Two accused of fraud
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Teacher in court for pre-trial hearing
- 4:00pm 09/22/18SUNY Poly receives grant to study blindness from foundation
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Accident snarls traffic at city intersection
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Water main flushing to start Tuesday in Oneida, say officals
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Meetings — Monday, Sept. 24, 2018