52-year-old Verona man charged after stand-off
TOWN OF VERONA — The 52-year-old man charged early Friday morning in Verona was taken into custody following a 10-hour stand-off that started with a BB gun, according to law enforcement officials.
State police said Brian A. Hinton, of 5333 Broad St., was in an argument with a neighbor at about 6:30 p.m. Thursday regarding Hinton shooting a BB gun. Troopers said Hinton pointed the BB gun at his neighbor, prompting the neighbor to fear for his safety and call 9-1-1.
When troopers arrived on the scene, they said Hinton refused to come out of his home and would only talk through a window. State police remained on the scene throughout the night talking to Hinton, until he was taken into custody without incident shortly before 5 a.m. Friday.
Hinton is charged with one count of second-degree menacing, a misdemeanor, troopers said. He is scheduled to appear in Town Court.
- 9:00am 06/24/18Tri-Willow murders left children, community in grief, fear
- 4:02pm 06/23/18345 get diplomas at RFA commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany Central School celebrates 2018 commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany graduates earn honors
- 4:00pm 06/23/18154 students turn tassels at Camden commencement
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Camden grads receive awards, scholarships
- 4:00pm 06/23/18RFA senior earns special credential
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Conservation officer hooks Madison County angler
- 4:00pm 06/23/18GlassBarge gives free glassblowing demonstrations
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Public Safety Logs — June 23, 2018