30-year-old man charged with drug possession
A 30-year-old man has been charged with drug possession after law enforcers said his vehicle hit a parked car Friday morning.
Police said Brian A. Grant, of 131 W. Wright St., crashed into a parked car at about 9:30 a.m. on West Street. Police said a witness called 9-1-1 and Grant was soon pulled over by Patrolman Jacob A. Clark.
Once stopped, police said Grant was found with a quantity of narcotics in his vehicle.
Grant is charged with two counts of seventh-degree possession of a controlled substance, authorities said. He is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:02pm 01/22/18Man dies after being hit with police Taser
- 4:01pm 01/22/18Rome launches 311 app
- 4:00pm 01/22/18Utica man charged with murder following infant's death
- 4:00pm 01/22/18No arguing over success of speech and debate tourney at RFA
- 4:00pm 01/22/18Meeting on Utica Street bridge rehab Feb. 7
- 4:00pm 01/22/18Council seeks input on PILOT program for solar power systems
- 4:00pm 01/22/18Rome attorney joins financial firm
- 4:00pm 01/22/18Upstate Caring Partners completes affiliation with Syracuse nonprofit organization
- 4:00pm 01/22/18Local scholars lauded at Siena
- 4:00pm 01/22/18Utica hires budget director