14-year-old HP student charged with felony threat
HOLLAND PATENT — A 14-year-old student was charged with a felony for threatening Holland Patent Middle School on social media on Tuesday.
Sheriff’s deputies said the threat was discovered on social media at about 1:10 p.m. and the Main Street middle school implemented their emergency plan.
Investigators identified the 14-year-old responsible for the threat and the student has been charged with making a terroristic threat, a class D felony, authorities said.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, no students or faculty were in any danger.
Anyone with further information regarding the threat and the student is asked to call Inv. Justin Copperwheat at 315-765-2767.
All calls will be kept confidential, according to law enforcement officials.
- 4:10pm 03/17/18Camden announces top ten scholars
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Two at EADS receive promotions
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Three earn high honors at South Lewis
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Textbooks approved by BOE in 5-2 vote
- 4:00pm 03/17/18School district redefines lease agreement to use Kost Field Complex
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Student, 11, charged in Westmoreland threat
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Pair accused of welfare fraud in Madison County
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Henry P. Smith Post hosts meeting Tuesday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Lowville teen caught in Walmart fraud
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Utica Dollars for Scholars applications deadline approaching