14-year-old HP student charged with felony threat
HOLLAND PATENT — A 14-year-old student was charged with a felony for threatening Holland Patent Middle School on social media on Tuesday.
Sheriff’s deputies said the threat was discovered on social media at about 1:10 p.m. and the Main Street middle school implemented their emergency plan.
Investigators identified the 14-year-old responsible for the threat and the student has been charged with making a terroristic threat, a class D felony, authorities said.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, no students or faculty were in any danger.
Anyone with further information regarding the threat and the student is asked to call Inv. Justin Copperwheat at 315-765-2767.
All calls will be kept confidential, according to law enforcement officials.
- 4:02pm 06/23/18345 get diplomas at RFA commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany Central School celebrates 2018 commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany graduates earn honors
- 4:00pm 06/23/18154 students turn tassels at Camden commencement
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Camden grads receive awards, scholarships
- 4:00pm 06/23/18RFA senior earns special credential
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Conservation officer hooks Madison County angler
- 4:00pm 06/23/18GlassBarge gives free glassblowing demonstrations
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Public Safety Logs — June 23, 2018
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Rome Free Academy valedictorian: ‘Strive to be self aware’