14-year-old HP student charged with felony threat
HOLLAND PATENT — A 14-year-old student was charged with a felony for threatening Holland Patent Middle School on social media on Tuesday.
Sheriff’s deputies said the threat was discovered on social media at about 1:10 p.m. and the Main Street middle school implemented their emergency plan.
Investigators identified the 14-year-old responsible for the threat and the student has been charged with making a terroristic threat, a class D felony, authorities said.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, no students or faculty were in any danger.
Anyone with further information regarding the threat and the student is asked to call Inv. Justin Copperwheat at 315-765-2767.
All calls will be kept confidential, according to law enforcement officials.
- 11:48am 09/18/18Strough paving project is topic of special meeting
- 4:01pm 09/17/18Griffo secures funding to help Masonic Medical Research Institute
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Driver killed, child in critical condition following crash
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Grand re-opening of Philipson's in Rome
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Mohawk River Trail extended
- 4:00pm 09/17/18New business first dollar of profit
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Construction projects linger in region as autumn approaches
- 4:00pm 09/17/18VVS teacher recognized for completing state’s Master Teacher Program
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Oneida councilors to take up $8 million bond project to ‘stabilize’ Annsville reservoir
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Public Safety Logs — Sept. 17, 2018