ARSON OFFER — Rome Police Captain Timothy J. Bates offers a reward for information about an arson at 403 Liberty Gardens last August. From left: Crime Stoppers Executive Director James Glorioso; Fire Captain Michael Liddy; Fire Chief Ronald Brement; Bates; County Emergency Services Director Kevin Revere; County Arson Task Force Chairman Edward Schmidt; and Sheriff’s Lt. James Paravati. (Sentinel photo by John Clifford)
$1,500 reward seeks information in arson case
A reward of up to $1,500 is being offered for information into an arson fire at the Liberty Gardens apartment complex.
Police Captain Timothy J. Bates said the fire in the bedroom at 403 Liberty Gardens on Aug. 20 was intentionally set.
No one was home at the time of the fire, shortly before midnight, and firefighters knocked it down quickly.
“Thankfully, no one was hurt,” Bates said about the fire. “But this entire building was occupied by families who were put in grave, grave danger.”
Bates said there were “very few” leads as to who started the fire, so now the police department is turning to the public for help.
“Someone in this community, perhaps someone in this apartment complex, has information that can help us solve this case,” Bates said today.
The Oneida County Arson Task Force has teamed up with Mohawk Valley Crime Stoppers to offer a reward of up to $1,500 for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for setting the fire, officials said.
Anyone with information into the arson can provide an anonymous tip from the website www.mohawkvalleycrimestoppers or by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-866-730-8477.
All tips are kept completely anonymous.
- 4:10pm 08/17/17Oriskany mourns loss of educator, board president
- 4:00pm 08/17/17DiMarco failed to list city income
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Governor announces next round of state’s Restore NY program
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Roof work underway at Oneida County Courthouse in Rome
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Vernon woman charged with threatening man with knife
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Troopers say Remsen man caught on video sexually abusing young child
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Bridgewater man faces abuse, endangerment charges
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Probe into U-Haul crash continuing, police say
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Lee man arrested for pot possession
- 4:00pm 08/17/17National Conquer Chiari walk includes Rome event