ARSON OFFER — Rome Police Captain Timothy J. Bates offers a reward for information about an arson at 403 Liberty Gardens last August. From left: Crime Stoppers Executive Director James Glorioso; Fire Captain Michael Liddy; Fire Chief Ronald Brement; Bates; County Emergency Services Director Kevin Revere; County Arson Task Force Chairman Edward Schmidt; and Sheriff’s Lt. James Paravati. (Sentinel photo by John Clifford)
$1,500 reward seeks information in arson case
A reward of up to $1,500 is being offered for information into an arson fire at the Liberty Gardens apartment complex.
Police Captain Timothy J. Bates said the fire in the bedroom at 403 Liberty Gardens on Aug. 20 was intentionally set.
No one was home at the time of the fire, shortly before midnight, and firefighters knocked it down quickly.
“Thankfully, no one was hurt,” Bates said about the fire. “But this entire building was occupied by families who were put in grave, grave danger.”
Bates said there were “very few” leads as to who started the fire, so now the police department is turning to the public for help.
“Someone in this community, perhaps someone in this apartment complex, has information that can help us solve this case,” Bates said today.
The Oneida County Arson Task Force has teamed up with Mohawk Valley Crime Stoppers to offer a reward of up to $1,500 for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for setting the fire, officials said.
Anyone with information into the arson can provide an anonymous tip from the website www.mohawkvalleycrimestoppers or by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-866-730-8477.
All tips are kept completely anonymous.
- 4:10pm 06/26/17Bikes in Bloom to reflect mission of not-for-profits
- 4:00pm 06/26/17Brief standoff ends with charges for Rome man
- 4:00pm 06/26/17Meetings — June 27, 2017
- 4:00pm 06/26/17Remsen graduates earn honors
- 4:00pm 06/26/17Remsen marks 117th commencement
- 4:00pm 06/26/17142 receive diplomas in Oneida
- 4:00pm 06/26/17124 walk at Holland Patent Commencement
- 4:00pm 06/26/17Oneida grads earn honors
- 4:00pm 06/26/17Holland Patent grads earn awards, scholarships
- 4:00pm 06/26/1796 earn diplomas at Adirondack High School