RPEA to hold legislative meeting
Retired Public Employees Association, Inc., Mohawk Valley Chapter, will host its Annual Meeting and Legislative Panel Thursday, Sept. 21 at the Holiday Inn, 1777 Burrstone Road, Utica.
Cost is $8.50 per person. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., with the buffet-style breakfast to follow at 9 a.m. Reservations should be made by Thursday, Sept. 14. Registration forms and checks should be mailed to Elaine Dziadyk, 119 Hampton Road, Frankfort, N.Y. 13340.
The Legislative Panel, including Assemblymen Ken Blankenbush, Anthony J. Brindisi Jr., Marc Butler, William Magee, Brian Miller and Assemblywoman Addie Jenne, will be held at 10 a.m. A membership meeting and the election of officers will follow at 11 a.m.
Door prizes will be awarded during the meeting. Friends may attend. Attendees are asked to bring a non-perishable food item for the Food Pantry Project. Donations and toiletries will also be collected. For information, contact Dziadyk at 315-735-7228.
- 9:00am 09/17/17Liberty Resources to host career fair Thursday in Canastota
- 9:00am 09/17/17Benefit to aid ailing siblings
- 9:00am 09/17/17Paddle the Nine-Mile Swamp with Friends of Rogers
- 9:00am 09/17/17Area educators optimistic about state’s tweaks to Common Core learning standards
- 9:00am 09/17/17Heirloom, hybrids each offer advantages, disadvantages