Office for the Aging offers farmers market coupons
Oneida County Office for the Aging and Continuing Care is offering coupons to seniors who visit their local farmers markets.
Participant must not have received coupons from another source. One coupon booklet will be distributed per single person household, and two coupon booklets per married couple, but each must sign for a booklet.
POAs can pick up coupons for a senior but must bring paperwork showing they are Powers of Attorney.
All participants must be age 60 or older and have proof of age if asked.
Monthly gross income not to exceed $1,860 for single person household;
Monthly gross income not to exceed $2,504 for married couple or two-person household;
Monthly gross income not to exceed $3,149 for a three-person household; OR
Participant must be receiving or eligible for one of the following programs or meet the income requirements: SSI, Public Assistance, and Section 8 Housing Subsidy
All Participants must meet age and one of the income eligibility requirements for the coupons. Each SFMNP check booklet is worth $20 and contains five $4 checks.
The coupons can only be used to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables.
2017 Distributions Sites
• Berkshire/Rome Farmers Market at the corner of North James Street and Erie Boulevard West. Friday, July 21,
from 9 a.m. to noon
• Whitesboro Farmers Market at the Village Green on corners of Main and Clinton streets. Monday, July 24,
from 3-5 p.m.
• Oneida County Fair at the Boonville Fairgrounds Tuesday, July 25,
from noon to 4 p.m.
• Utica Farmers Market at Utica Chancellor Park
on Bleecker Street Wednesday, July 26, from 10 a.m. to
• Boonville Farmers Market at Erwin Park Thursday, July 27, from 1-3 p.m.
• CNY Food Project at Remsen Town Park Friday, July 28,
from noon to 2 p.m.
• Oneida County Public Market at the Utica Union Train Station Saturday, July 29, from 9 a.m. to noon
• Sherrill Farmers Market at 377 Sherrill Road Tuesday, Aug. 1, from 3-5 p.m.
• Rome Farmers Market at Franklyn Field off North James Street Wednesday, Aug. 2,
from 2-4 p.m.
• Clinton Farmers Market at Village Green Thursday, Aug. 3, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Trenton Farmers Market at the Village Park in Holland Patent Saturday, Aug. 5, from 9-11 a.m.
- 9:00am 06/17/18Chewie takes top place in Pet Photo Contest
- 9:00am 06/17/18Ocean’s 8 fails to cash in
- 9:00am 06/17/18Tom Barry is a local legend as coach, administrator and athlete
- 9:00am 06/17/18Handsome Nacho seeks new casa, familia to call his own
- 9:00am 06/17/18Event to honor local legend Gene Kotary Memorial Race gets green flag July 1 at Utica-Rome Speedway