Local ladies honored as ‘Women of the Year’
New York State Women, Inc. Mohawk Valley Chapter recently announced the 2017 “Women of the Year” recipients.
Mary Chapin: Women’ Rights Trailblazer Award. Chapin is a long-time women’s rights advocate.
Ann D’Ambosio: Community Advocate For The Arts Award. She is chief curator and director of Munson Williams Proctor Arts Institute in Utica.
Phyllis Ellis: Health Care Advocate Award. She is the director of Oneida County Health Department.
Heidi Foote: Business Woman Advocate Award. She is the owner of Freeman & Foote Jewelers.
Dawn Laguerre: Community Activist & Emissary Award. She is an education advocate for students.
Dr. Cheryl B. Minor: Education Advocate Award. She is principal of Watson Williams School.
Florence Wood: Unsung Heroine Award, educator.
The awards dinner will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 28 at Daniele’s Banquet Hall, Seneca Turnpike, New Hartford. Tickets are $40 per person and should be reserved by March 20. To make reservations, contact Colleen Cavallo at 315-292-4874.
- 9:00am 04/23/17Grand Prize winners in the Sentinel/Mazzaferro's Meat Contest
- 9:00am 04/23/17Lee moves toward digital maps
- 9:00am 04/23/17Local girl to attend national forum
- 9:00am 04/23/17Get some exercise with Diesel — a true love bug
- 9:00am 04/23/17Turning Stone honored for hotel, spa excellence