Consider adopting a new member of family during National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week
There are approximately 35,000 animal shelters across the United States and those shelters take care of 6-8 million animals every year.
The staff at each of these shelters work hard 365 days a year to take care of, love and help these animals find the perfect forever homes.
National Animal Shelter Appreciation week falls on the first full week of November, this year it falls on the week of Nov. 6-10.
It’s the perfect opportunity for you to show your local shelter how much you appreciate all that they do for the animals in your community.
Do something nice for the shelter and staff. A few ways of showing your appreciation are:
• Adopting a pet from a shelter helps by getting deserving animals into good homes as well as opening up a spot for another animal who is looking for a new home.
• Donate money if possible, or supplies such as towels, toys or office supplies.
It is best to check with the shelter to find out what they really need.
Most shelters will have a wish list posted on their webpage or Facebook page.
• Shelters rely on volunteers to help with duties around the shelter as well as offsite events. Shelter staff appreciate the help from volunteers and you may find that helping out may be a very rewarding experience for you.
Show your appreciation to the shelter staff directly by thanking them for what they do for the animals.
Maybe bring them in cookies or cupcakes as a treat when you stop in to visit or volunteer.
All the dogs and cats at the Humane Society of Rome appreciate all that the shelter staff does from taking excellent care of them to helping them find forever homes. Here are two of them:
• Diamond is a 6-year-old female American Pit Bull mix.
Please consider making this wonderful girl a member of your family, and give her the love that she really deserves.
• Patches is a beautiful 13-year-old girl.
Will you be that wonderful person to give this girl the chance to be a loved member of a family and let her retire in a warm happy home?
Come in and meet her today.
- 9:00am 02/18/18‘Sister Act’ to take stage in Camden
- 9:00am 02/18/18Playful former stray Dozer seeks to play ball with new family
- 9:00am 02/18/18Robotics team overcomes barriers to share love of STEM
- 9:00am 02/18/18Utica restaurant among 100 most romantic restaurants in America
- 9:00am 02/18/18Wonder Woman not afraid to be judged in Philadelphia