Celebrate good times — and National Love Your Pet Day
For us pet parents who love our pets like they are part of our family, we don’t need a special day to show our pets we love them. We already do it every day.
Feb. 20 is the unofficial holiday known as National Love Your Pet Day. It’s a day set aside to pamper your pets and give them extra attention.
Most households in the U.S. have at least one pet.
With our busy lives sometimes we don’t get to spend as much time with our pets as we and they would like.
Our pets offer us companionship and unconditional love so they deserve a special day dedicated to them.
Your pet will probably be happy just spending some quality time with you, but there are other things you can do for them. Buy them a special treat or a new toy, or maybe even make them a homemade toy.
If you don’t have a pet or maybe just feel like sharing some love you can stop by your local shelter and donate some much needed items or spend some time with the animals there. They would love the attention. Maybe even meet your new family member.
There are some sweet, adorable animals at the Humane Society of Rome who would love some attention.
Even more they would love to find their very own forever homes where they will be loved and spoiled.
Two of these animals searching for love are:
• Sugar Pie is a very sweet and quiet, 5-year-old female American Pit Bull Terrier Mix.
She loves attention, scratches and a good comfy pet bed. She’s good with kids, and can be OK with dogs, but no cats.
She is a special needs dog as she has seizures. It is under control and she will be healthy as long as she receives her medicine. Please stop by the shelter and meet her.
• Jughead is a handsome 6-year-old male cat who is looking for his forever home.
If you think that he would be happy living with you, please come in and ask to meet this handsome boy.
You can meet Sugar Pie and Jughead in person by stopping by the Rome Humane Society Shelter, 6247 Lamphear Road in Rome. The shelter is open from Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. It is also open on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information, contact the Humane Society of Rome by calling 315-336-7070 or by checking out the organization’s website at http://humanesocietyrome.com
- 4:00pm 11/13/18"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true
- 9:00am 11/11/18Rome company wins praise for role in labor-saving landscaping device
- 9:00am 11/11/18Urgent care opens in downtown location
- 9:00am 11/11/18Oneida DAR honors deceased members with markers, flags
- 9:00am 11/11/18Ruth Bader Ginsburg to speak at Glimmerglass