Cats searching for forever homes
Do you love cats? Are you looking to to get your first one or add a second kitty to your home?
A great place to look for a cat or two is your local animal shelter. There are many cats of all sizes, colors and breeds waiting in shelters to find a loving home, you can provide that loving home for them by choosing adoption.
June is Adopt a Shelter Cat Month. Why not stop at your local shelter and meet some of the cats they have up for adoption. Adoption will help a cat, help the shelter and find yourself a loving companion.
There are some great reasons to adopt a shelter cat. When you adopt, you actually help two cats —the one you adopt and the one that gets a chance because of the space you are opening up by adopting.
Shelter cats are seen by a vet, they will already have been neutered or spayed, and all vaccinations will also have been taken care of. They are tested for diseases like FIV and FeLV.
When adopting you will already have an idea of the cats personality. Shelter staff who take care of the cats spend time with them and can assess them, they will be able to tell what type of home would be right for them. They will do their best to match the right cat with the right family.
Are looking for a certain breed? You can find a variety of cats in the shelter. Even pure bred cats. If your local shelter doesn’t have the breed you are looking for, you can research breed specific rescues that you can adopt from. Owning a cat can be beneficial to your health. Petting a cat can help you feel happy and relaxed. They can help you cope with stress, anxiety, depression and loneliness.
There are many beautiful cats and dogs waiting to meet their new forever families at the Humane Society of Rome, including:
• Virgi is a 4-year-old, male, orange tiger and white kitty. He prefers to be the king of the cat tree, so he wants a home where he is the only cat, although he might make an exception to share his throne with a kitten. He enjoys spending most of his time alone, but bring out the wand toy and he’s a big ball of fun. He has been waiting since July 2016 to find his forever home.
• Mystery is a beautiful 2-year-old female kitty. She is very curious, get along with everyone and has a high level of energy. If you’re interested in a charming girl like her, please come down to meet her, she would love to meet you.
- 9:00am 08/12/18Nicky Doodles turns 20-years-old
- 9:00am 08/12/18Welcome beneficial insects to the garden all season long
- 9:00am 08/12/18Dooly is my name and playing is my game
- 9:00am 08/12/18Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom falls short of original
- 9:00am 08/12/18Diverse shows highlight Utica-Rome Speedway