State of the County speech March 8
Oneida County Executive Anthony J. Picente Jr. will deliver his 12th State of the County address next month where he will re-cap the accomplishments of his administration last year and lay out his agenda for 2018.
Picente will give his remarks March 8 at 4:30 p.m. at Daniele’s Banquet Specialists, 8360 Seneca Turnpike, New Hartford.
A free reception will follow the speech.
The event will also be live streamed on the county’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/OneidaCountyGovernment/.
A highlight of last year’s speech was Picente’s proposal to create an arts, sports and entertainment district in downtown Utica.
The anchors were going to be a revitalized Utica Memorial Auditorium, a casino, and a craft beer museum and innovation center.
The Aud did undergo an expansion and some upgrades last summer and fall, marking the continuation of a project that began several years ago.
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced in September the state was investing $10.5 million in the facility’s update.
Little has been heard publicly in recent months about the Utica casino, which would be operated by the Oneida Indian Nation, or the museum, which was envisioned as a partnership with the state. However, behind-the-scenes work could be taking place.
Children: Investment for the future
Kenwood Library hosts Gold Rush Day
Mount Calvary marks anniversary
Service and picnic Sunday in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Children: Investment for the future
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Mount Calvary marks anniversary
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Service and picnic Sunday in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Honesty, integrity, and being true to their word
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Grace Union AME Church to host revival service
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Hecla Hall to host picnic-style meal
- 4:00pm 08/11/18‘The Blessing of the Boats’ Sunday in Sylvan Beach
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Philippians 3:13-14: How to reach your goal
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Roof, steeple work at Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Vacation Bible School in Westmoreland