State of the County speech March 8
Oneida County Executive Anthony J. Picente Jr. will deliver his 12th State of the County address next month where he will re-cap the accomplishments of his administration last year and lay out his agenda for 2018.
Picente will give his remarks March 8 at 4:30 p.m. at Daniele’s Banquet Specialists, 8360 Seneca Turnpike, New Hartford.
A free reception will follow the speech.
The event will also be live streamed on the county’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/OneidaCountyGovernment/.
A highlight of last year’s speech was Picente’s proposal to create an arts, sports and entertainment district in downtown Utica.
The anchors were going to be a revitalized Utica Memorial Auditorium, a casino, and a craft beer museum and innovation center.
The Aud did undergo an expansion and some upgrades last summer and fall, marking the continuation of a project that began several years ago.
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced in September the state was investing $10.5 million in the facility’s update.
Little has been heard publicly in recent months about the Utica casino, which would be operated by the Oneida Indian Nation, or the museum, which was envisioned as a partnership with the state. However, behind-the-scenes work could be taking place.
Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
Women’s Day service Sunday
Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s Day service Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18‘Beauty Secrets’ theme for meeting
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Church offers free meal May 26
- 4:00pm 05/19/18First Baptist hosts basement sale
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Importance of spring cleaning
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Butterfly tea event Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/12/18Strength of a mother’s love