State of the County speech March 8
Oneida County Executive Anthony J. Picente Jr. will deliver his 12th State of the County address next month where he will re-cap the accomplishments of his administration last year and lay out his agenda for 2018.
Picente will give his remarks March 8 at 4:30 p.m. at Daniele’s Banquet Specialists, 8360 Seneca Turnpike, New Hartford.
A free reception will follow the speech.
The event will also be live streamed on the county’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/OneidaCountyGovernment/.
A highlight of last year’s speech was Picente’s proposal to create an arts, sports and entertainment district in downtown Utica.
The anchors were going to be a revitalized Utica Memorial Auditorium, a casino, and a craft beer museum and innovation center.
The Aud did undergo an expansion and some upgrades last summer and fall, marking the continuation of a project that began several years ago.
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced in September the state was investing $10.5 million in the facility’s update.
Little has been heard publicly in recent months about the Utica casino, which would be operated by the Oneida Indian Nation, or the museum, which was envisioned as a partnership with the state. However, behind-the-scenes work could be taking place.
Nonsurgical treatment for chronic back pain available at RMH
Political event Saturday at Utica library
"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true
Heritage Doll Club meets Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/10/18The Clothing Closet seeks donations
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Local collection sites announced for Operation Christmas Child
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Gratitude luncheon Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/10/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Ecumenical service in Oneida Nov. 18
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Anti-bullying event Wednesday
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Harvest theme lunch Nov. 15
- 4:00pm 11/10/18The faith of a veteran
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Thanksgiving service Nov. 18
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Christmas Bazaar in Camden Nov. 17