State of the County speech March 8
Oneida County Executive Anthony J. Picente Jr. will deliver his 12th State of the County address next month where he will re-cap the accomplishments of his administration last year and lay out his agenda for 2018.
Picente will give his remarks March 8 at 4:30 p.m. at Daniele’s Banquet Specialists, 8360 Seneca Turnpike, New Hartford.
A free reception will follow the speech.
The event will also be live streamed on the county’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/OneidaCountyGovernment/.
A highlight of last year’s speech was Picente’s proposal to create an arts, sports and entertainment district in downtown Utica.
The anchors were going to be a revitalized Utica Memorial Auditorium, a casino, and a craft beer museum and innovation center.
The Aud did undergo an expansion and some upgrades last summer and fall, marking the continuation of a project that began several years ago.
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced in September the state was investing $10.5 million in the facility’s update.
Little has been heard publicly in recent months about the Utica casino, which would be operated by the Oneida Indian Nation, or the museum, which was envisioned as a partnership with the state. However, behind-the-scenes work could be taking place.
Silk marbling class March 3
Art center hosts ‘Mélange’ exhibit reception Saturday
Oneida library offers Family Tech Night, ‘Coco’ screening
Puppet Show kicks off community health initiative in Boonville
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Women’s club meets Feb. 20
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Stone Soup event aids food pantry
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Church offers free meal Feb. 24
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Non Nobis Domine: The Glory belongs to God
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Spaghetti dinner served Feb. 18
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Drive-through ashing in Lee, Verona Feb. 14
- 4:00pm 02/10/18St. Peter’s offers ashes in Verona
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Services at Trinity United Methodist
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Meal aids Lutheran Disaster Response
- 4:00pm 02/10/18The Kingdom of Heaven is ‘within you’