Lt. Col. Scott Victor
Remsen native earns master’s degree at Army War College
CARLISLE BARRACKS, Pa. — Lt. Col. Scott Victor, U.S. Army, graduated from the U.S. Army War College at Carlisle Barracks, Pa., having earned the master’s degree in Strategic Studies on June 8. Victor, a native of Remsen, will next serve as the director of the Department of Distance Education for the Command and General Staff School at Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
During the 10-month graduate studies, Victor completed a Strategy Research Project about “Russia’s Actions in the Middle East and Implications for U.S.”
Graduation speaker Gen. Gustave Perna, Commander of the U.S. Army Materiel Command, compared the 378 graduates to generals Pershing, Eisenhower, and Schwarzkopf who had prepared with urgency for an unknown future while at the war college and thereafter.
According to its website, the mission of the War College is “to prepare selected military, civilian, and international leaders for the responsibilities of strategic leadership; educate current and future leaders on the development and employment of landpower in a joint, multinational and interagency environment; conduct research and publish on national security and military strategy; and engage in activities in support of the Army’s strategic communication efforts.”
The U.S. Army War College’s curriculum educates and develops senior military officers from the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard, as well as senior foreign military officers and civilian officials from a variety of federal agencies, to serve in strategic level command and staff positions worldwide.
The College was founded in November 1901 by Secretary of War, Elihu Root.
Fleeting time — The half dimension
Clinton Symphony Orchestra presents West Side Story with Charles Schneider July 1
Church offers home-cooked meal
Catholic Daughters aid hospital's Maternity Ward
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Clinton Symphony Orchestra presents West Side Story with Charles Schneider July 1
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Church offers home-cooked meal
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Fleeting time — The half dimension
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Women meet for brunch Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Heart Touching Tour stops in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Club hosts author Elaine Miller
- 4:00pm 06/09/18God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Magic show, potluck Sunday