Red Cross opens emergency center in Whitesboro
The Mohawk Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross has opened an emergency reception center at the Whitesboro Fire Station on Oriskany Blvd. in Whitesboro.
The reception center is available today as a gathering place for local residents who have been temporarily evacuated due to flooding.
Red Cross staff and volunteers are providing support including snacks, water, blankets, and meals for those who gather at the reception center throughout the day. The Red Cross is working in close coordination with local officials to address further emergency needs if they arise, the agency said. Additional volunteers and resources are on standby at this time.
Residents in flood-prone areas are encouraged to take steps to ensure their safety. For flood-related Red Cross preparedness tips, please visit http://www.redcross.org/get-help/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies/types-of-emergencies/flood.
Radiation Oncologist Michael Fallon joins staff at RMH Radiation Medicine
Physical therapy professor honored
Sign-up for Kundalini Yoga & Meditation at View
Improved care coordination services available for those with disabilities
- 4:00pm 07/14/18I have competed well
- 4:00pm 07/14/18The Puffers perform Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Women gather Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/10/18Constableville church to host Vacation Bible school
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Do not run from the fight — you are strong in The Lord
- 4:00pm 07/07/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Harp & Harmony concert Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Free B Sharp concert July 10
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Stittville social, concert July 10
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Chicken BBQ served July 14