Red Cross opens emergency center in Whitesboro
The Mohawk Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross has opened an emergency reception center at the Whitesboro Fire Station on Oriskany Blvd. in Whitesboro.
The reception center is available today as a gathering place for local residents who have been temporarily evacuated due to flooding.
Red Cross staff and volunteers are providing support including snacks, water, blankets, and meals for those who gather at the reception center throughout the day. The Red Cross is working in close coordination with local officials to address further emergency needs if they arise, the agency said. Additional volunteers and resources are on standby at this time.
Residents in flood-prone areas are encouraged to take steps to ensure their safety. For flood-related Red Cross preparedness tips, please visit http://www.redcross.org/get-help/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies/types-of-emergencies/flood.
Making the tough calls
Pre-order today for bake sale Tuesday
All Denominations service Nov. 20
Holiday mass, dinner Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Making the tough calls
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Pre-order today for bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18All Denominations service Nov. 20
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Holiday mass, dinner Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Christmas at the Corner Nov. 23
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Church offers free meal Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Holiday Bazaar Dec. 1 in Verona
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Thanksgiving service in Clinton
- 4:00pm 11/10/18The Clothing Closet seeks donations
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Local collection sites announced for Operation Christmas Child