Red Cross opens emergency center in Whitesboro
The Mohawk Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross has opened an emergency reception center at the Whitesboro Fire Station on Oriskany Blvd. in Whitesboro.
The reception center is available today as a gathering place for local residents who have been temporarily evacuated due to flooding.
Red Cross staff and volunteers are providing support including snacks, water, blankets, and meals for those who gather at the reception center throughout the day. The Red Cross is working in close coordination with local officials to address further emergency needs if they arise, the agency said. Additional volunteers and resources are on standby at this time.
Residents in flood-prone areas are encouraged to take steps to ensure their safety. For flood-related Red Cross preparedness tips, please visit http://www.redcross.org/get-help/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies/types-of-emergencies/flood.
Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
Women’s Day service Sunday
Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s Day service Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18‘Beauty Secrets’ theme for meeting
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Church offers free meal May 26
- 4:00pm 05/19/18First Baptist hosts basement sale
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Importance of spring cleaning
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Butterfly tea event Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/12/18Strength of a mother’s love