Red Cross opens emergency center in Whitesboro
The Mohawk Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross has opened an emergency reception center at the Whitesboro Fire Station on Oriskany Blvd. in Whitesboro.
The reception center is available today as a gathering place for local residents who have been temporarily evacuated due to flooding.
Red Cross staff and volunteers are providing support including snacks, water, blankets, and meals for those who gather at the reception center throughout the day. The Red Cross is working in close coordination with local officials to address further emergency needs if they arise, the agency said. Additional volunteers and resources are on standby at this time.
Residents in flood-prone areas are encouraged to take steps to ensure their safety. For flood-related Red Cross preparedness tips, please visit http://www.redcross.org/get-help/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies/types-of-emergencies/flood.
Josh Hartnett stars in Japanese-American comedy
Gardeners group meets Monday
Registration begins for Rising Stars
RACC announces 2018 At Home in the ArtHouse concert series
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Commonality in shared faith
- 4:00pm 03/17/18‘Colors of Grace’ Cantata Sunday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Waterbury Memorial Presbyterian Church lists special services
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Fashionable spring topic of luncheon
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Gospel Services start Tuesday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Verona church offers free meal
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Women’s club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Church offers Palm Sunday meal
- 4:00pm 03/10/18The cross, a Lenten sign of God’s love
- 4:00pm 03/10/18Community prayer vigil Tuesday in Canastota