MetLife recipient of 2017 Recycling Champion Award
WHITESTOWN — MetLife is the recipient of the Oneida-Herkimer County Solid Waste Authority’s 2017 Recycling Champion Award.
MetLife, a global provider of insurance, annuities and employee benefit programs, has a back office operation in the Oneida County Business Park that adjoins the old county airport.
The company strives to divert waste from landfills through a combination of waste reduction, recycling and reuse initiatives, according to Emily Albright, that authority’s director of recycling.
Herkimer Home opens Saturday
View offers ceramics workshop June 2
Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
Rome Art Association holds spring show in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s Day service Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18‘Beauty Secrets’ theme for meeting
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Church offers free meal May 26
- 4:00pm 05/19/18First Baptist hosts basement sale
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Importance of spring cleaning
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Butterfly tea event Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/12/18Strength of a mother’s love