ALMOST THERE — A pair of workers in bucket trucks work on the fueling station island and the store building of the Maple Leaf Market convenience store which is under construction on Route 5 in Sherrill. A grand opening is planned for an unspecified date later this fall. (Sentinel photo by John Clifford)
Maple Leaf Market nears grand opening in Sherrill
SHERRILL — Work is continuing on the Maple Leaf Market, located on Route 5 and Sherrill Road, in anticipation of its grand opening at an unannounced date sometime this fall.
Work began on the store at the end of May.
The Oneida Nation plans to open five Maple Leaf Market locations within the next two to three years following construction of the Sherrill store.
The expansion and daily operations of the new Maple Leaf Market will be overseen by John Boucouvalas, director of SavOn and Maple Leaf Market operations. Boucouvalas has more than 25 years of leadership experience in some of America’s most highly-regarded convenience store brands, including 13 years with Wawa Food Markets, according to the Nation.
The culinary team from the Nation’s Turning Stone Resort Casino will be involved with the development of Maple Leaf Market’s menu of fresh sandwiches, soups, salads, pastas and more. Snacks will include freshly-cut fruits and vegetables with freshly-brewed gourmet coffee and more.
Maple Leaf Market will also offer top-selling grocery and essential items, gasoline, a variety of imported and domestic beers and more.
“We are constantly evolving our businesses as the needs and lifestyles of our guests change,” Oneida Nation Representative and Nation Enterprises CEO Ray Halbritter said. “Combining a convenient one-stop-shop experience with fresh made-to-order food, Maple Leaf Market will fulfill the needs for our always-on-the-go guests moving forward.”
Family medicine residency program announces faculty member
MVHS offers public speaking help
Physician assistant joins medical office
Bassett Healthcare names chief of orthopedics
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Foothills Rural Community Ministry schedules annual meeting
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Roast pork dinner January 28
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Dinner dance aids camping ministry, community outreach
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Jesus paid it all: What do we owe him?
- 4:00pm 01/13/18String Bee performs Jan. 20
- 4:00pm 01/13/18Women’s group meets Tuesday
- 4:00pm 01/13/18What it means to celebrate the ‘year of the family’
- 4:00pm 01/06/18MLK celebration set for Jan. 14
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Westernville Presbyterian Church to celebrate 200th anniversary
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Foothills Rural Community Ministry sets January hours