ALMOST THERE — A pair of workers in bucket trucks work on the fueling station island and the store building of the Maple Leaf Market convenience store which is under construction on Route 5 in Sherrill. A grand opening is planned for an unspecified date later this fall. (Sentinel photo by John Clifford)
Maple Leaf Market nears grand opening in Sherrill
SHERRILL — Work is continuing on the Maple Leaf Market, located on Route 5 and Sherrill Road, in anticipation of its grand opening at an unannounced date sometime this fall.
Work began on the store at the end of May.
The Oneida Nation plans to open five Maple Leaf Market locations within the next two to three years following construction of the Sherrill store.
The expansion and daily operations of the new Maple Leaf Market will be overseen by John Boucouvalas, director of SavOn and Maple Leaf Market operations. Boucouvalas has more than 25 years of leadership experience in some of America’s most highly-regarded convenience store brands, including 13 years with Wawa Food Markets, according to the Nation.
The culinary team from the Nation’s Turning Stone Resort Casino will be involved with the development of Maple Leaf Market’s menu of fresh sandwiches, soups, salads, pastas and more. Snacks will include freshly-cut fruits and vegetables with freshly-brewed gourmet coffee and more.
Maple Leaf Market will also offer top-selling grocery and essential items, gasoline, a variety of imported and domestic beers and more.
“We are constantly evolving our businesses as the needs and lifestyles of our guests change,” Oneida Nation Representative and Nation Enterprises CEO Ray Halbritter said. “Combining a convenient one-stop-shop experience with fresh made-to-order food, Maple Leaf Market will fulfill the needs for our always-on-the-go guests moving forward.”
Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
Oriskany Central School Ski & Snowboard Club to hold Book Fair
Cornell University reminds residents to think globally, plant locally
Sign-up for May Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Chamber music concert April 21 at First Presbyterian Church
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Mark Hoffmann brings swing music to Trinity Community Coffee House
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Spring bag sale in Lee Center
- 4:00pm 04/14/18‘God, etc.’ series starts Monday
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Red hat themed brunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Veterans program Tuesday in Oneida
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Spring luncheon Thursday
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Lee Center church hosts dinner
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Importance of one lost sheep
- 4:00pm 04/07/18Church welcomes new minister