Hinckley boat launch to open Thursday
HINCKLEY — The New York Power Authority’s recreational boat launch at the Hinckley dam and reservoir, along with the site’s fishing access area will be open for the season beginning Thursday. Directional and warning buoys by the power dam spillway are in place.
Located along the north side of the reservoir on Route 365, the Authority built the boat launch in 1985 as a recreational measure in connection with the construction of its Gregory B. Jarvis small-hydro power plant.
Open daily during the boating season, the launch consists of concrete planks extending 200 feet into the reservoir to permit access for boaters. The launch will remain open as long as reservoir conditions remain safe for boating.
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
View hosts Sweetback Sisters
Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Honesty, integrity, and being true to their word
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Grace Union AME Church to host revival service
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Hecla Hall to host picnic-style meal
- 4:00pm 08/11/18‘The Blessing of the Boats’ Sunday in Sylvan Beach
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Philippians 3:13-14: How to reach your goal
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Roof, steeple work at Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Vacation Bible School in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Saint Margaret’s sets open house
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Community Appreciation Day slated for Aug. 12
- 4:00pm 07/28/18Working behind the scenes