Hinckley boat launch to open Thursday
HINCKLEY — The New York Power Authority’s recreational boat launch at the Hinckley dam and reservoir, along with the site’s fishing access area will be open for the season beginning Thursday. Directional and warning buoys by the power dam spillway are in place.
Located along the north side of the reservoir on Route 365, the Authority built the boat launch in 1985 as a recreational measure in connection with the construction of its Gregory B. Jarvis small-hydro power plant.
Open daily during the boating season, the launch consists of concrete planks extending 200 feet into the reservoir to permit access for boaters. The launch will remain open as long as reservoir conditions remain safe for boating.
Speech therapy offers help with much more than just pronunciation
Ava Dorfman announces summer fitness classes
Outdoor Music program starts June 27
Miracle Drawing can now accept credit cards for raffle, officials say
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Women meet for brunch Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Heart Touching Tour stops in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Club hosts author Elaine Miller
- 4:00pm 06/09/18God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Magic show, potluck Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Children’s Day celebration Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Film screening Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Strawberry shortcake on menu in Steuben