GIVING BACK — Oneida County Executive Anthony J. Picente Jr. speaks about the benefits of Giving Tuesday at Munson-Williams-Proctor Art Institute Monday afternoon. (Sentinel photo by John Clifford)
County executive helps to raise awareness for Giving Tuesday
UTICA — Oneida County Executive Anthony J. Picente Jr. is helping to raise awareness for Giving Tuesday with an event that took place at Munson-Williams-Proctor Art Institute on Monday.
Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration that is celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (Nov. 28) and the widely recognized shopping events of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
“At this time of the year, when many people are focused on shopping deals, let us not forget the local charitable and non-profit organizations that help those in need and enrich our community,” Picente said.
“Giving Tuesday is the perfect way to remind our generous residents that their donations are always welcome, especially during the holiday season.”
Global Tuesday was first implemented in 2012 as a way to kick off the charitable season when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
MWPAI Director of Development Bob Mortis said it is important for people to understand the importance of giving at this time of year.
“A gift to a non-profit organization is not only tax deductible but is part of the circle of support that helps enhance the quality of life for our region,” he said.
“Anyone, anywhere can get involved in Giving Tuesday and give back in a way that is meaningful to them,” Debi Kenyon, Director of Development for the
Rescue Mission of Utica, said. “It is a great way to engage our community and to put your passion to work.”
Ehlinger joins Community Wellness Partners
RMH announces new director of food services
Autumn Tramp and Trail events announced
Youth bereavement group lists fall gatherings
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Children: Investment for the future
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Mount Calvary marks anniversary
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Service and picnic Sunday in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Honesty, integrity, and being true to their word
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Grace Union AME Church to host revival service
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Hecla Hall to host picnic-style meal
- 4:00pm 08/11/18‘The Blessing of the Boats’ Sunday in Sylvan Beach
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Philippians 3:13-14: How to reach your goal
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Roof, steeple work at Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Vacation Bible School in Westmoreland