County adds flu info page on website
The Oneida County Health Department is warning residents that the flu is in full swing this season and, in response, adding vital flu information to its website.
The flu is widespread across the U.S. and prevalent in New York State, including Central New York which is among the regions of the state hardest hit by the bug, according to state health officials.
Last week, the county had 151 confirmed cases of the flu, raising its seasonal total to 517 confirmed cases for the current flu season. The majority of cases this week, 104, were for influenza Type A with 44 people suffering from influenza Type B and three cases were unspecified.
The county advises residents that it is not too late to get the flu shot. It takes about two weeks after vaccination for antibodies to develop and to provide protection against the flu. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older get a flu vaccine every year.
The flu information page on the Oneida County Health Department website contains information on flu prevention, locations where you can get the flu vaccine and the newest feature, which is a weekly update on flu numbers in Oneida County.
To get to the flu information page, go to ocgov.net, scroll down to “Health Clinics and Alerts” and click “Flu Clinic and Flu Information.” You may also click the direct link at www.ocgov.net/health/flu
Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
Women’s Day service Sunday
Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s Day service Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18‘Beauty Secrets’ theme for meeting
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Church offers free meal May 26
- 4:00pm 05/19/18First Baptist hosts basement sale
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Importance of spring cleaning
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Butterfly tea event Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/12/18Strength of a mother’s love