BY SEAN I. MILLS Staff writer

ANNSVILLE — A family of four was displaced from their mobile home Tuesday after a small fire in the ceiling caused minor damage.

Taberg Fire Chief Corey Michik said the "neighbors saw the flames come from the roof and called it in" at Hall’s Tailer Park at 6:49 p.m.

Ernie Flagg, age 38, his wife and two young children were not home at the time, Michik said. Two volunteer fire departments arrived at Lot 7 at 5020 Church St., and "our team made entry and put it right out," Michik stated.

An exhaust fan in the bathroom ceiling had shorted out, Michik said. The fire was contained to the bathroom ceiling, and was knocked down in about 15 minutes. There was minimal smoke and water damage throughout the rest of the mobile home.

It was not a total loss, the chief said, but the family has been displaced.

"For a trailer fire, it was a very simple one," Michik stated. The firefighters only used a single hand-line, attached to a hydrant in the trailer park. Crews from Taberg and North Bay remained on the scene until about 9:30 p.m. One firefighter cut his hand during the firefight, but it was not serious, Michik stated.

Ernie, wife Katherine, 38; son Michael, 3; and daughter Katelin, 9-months; are being assisted by the Rome Red Cross, according to spokeswoman Edith Buffalohead. They are receiving lodging, food and any other help they may need, Buffalohead stated.

If you would like to donate to help the family or the Red Cross, call 336-0030.