Prostitution sting in Utica
Four Utica women and another from the Town of Boonville were charged with loitering for the purpose of prostitution following an under-cover operation conducted in Utica Wednesday.
State Trooper Dana Walton posed as a "john," resulting in the arrests. Two face additional charges. Those arrested on misdemeanors:
• Sally Cobb, 31, of Denley Road, Boonville;
• Bernadette Green, 41, of Tracy Street;
• Karen Murray, 45, of Oneida Street;
• Adele Hughes, 48, of Genesee Street, who also faces seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class A misdemeanor; and
• Sandra Cavaretta, 40, of Allen Street, also charged with having an open container of an alcoholic beverage, a violation. All were to appear today in City Court.