► News sections: Rome CountyEducation | Public Safety | Business | Meetings/Events | Advancements

Legislators want more from DMV transactions

County Oneida County legislators are calling on state officials to enact a law that would increase the county’s take of revenue generated by the Department of Motor Vehicles. Oneida and the other counties across the state receive 12.7 percent of the fees collected from the work performed at the county-operated DMV offices. The state takes the remaining 87.3 percent. The county share... 4:00pm 04/29/16

Setting up at Rome EXPO

Rome 4:00pm 04/29/16

Cooling assistance available starting Monday

County The state is making $3 million available to help buy and install air conditioning for income-eligible New Yorkers with medical conditions that can be aggravated by extreme heat. Beginning Monday, eligible households can apply for cooling assistance through the state Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance’s Home Energy Assistance Program, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced... 4:00pm 04/29/16

Church breakfast Saturday

Meetings / Events The North Western United Methodist Church, at 9925 Route 46, is serving a pancake breakfast on Saturday, April 30, from 8-11 a.m.   Suggested donation is $6. Proceeds will benefit our Camping Fund which sends our young people to Camp Casowasco.  This fundraising breakfast is organized by the NWUMC Confirmation class.  The menu includes pancakes (plain, strawberry , or... 4:00pm 04/29/16

Two children found safe after Amber Alert

Public Safety FRANKFORT — Two young children have been safely recovered after they were the subject of an Amber Alert in Herkimer County Thursday night. State police are now searching for the children’s mother and her adult male companion. Authorities said the Herkimer County Department of Social Services had filed a petition to have custodial rights suspended for the mother, 27-year-old... 4:00pm 04/29/16