Leading EDGE Awards to honor five companies
MARCY — Five Mohawk Valley companies and organizations will be honored at the Leading EDGE Awards luncheon Tuesday at noon at SUNY Polytechnic.
Mike Hennessey, general manager of the Danfoss silicon carbide computer chip packaging operation that’s being set up on the SUNY Poly campus, will give the keynote presentation. Honorees include:
- Premier Aviation Overhaul Center, whose steady employment growth has made it an anchor in Griffiss Business and Technology Park.
- Mohawk Valley Community College, for its Rome campus expansion and thINCubator relocation in Utica to respond to community needs.
- Adirondack Barrel Cooperage, Remsen, for establishing Central New York’s only producer of the barrels required to make bourbon and whiskey..
- BNY Mellon’s Central New York Innovation Center, Whitestown, for technology enhancements in machine learning, robotics, data analytics and other services.
- Utica Bread, for taking part in the revitalization of downtown Utica and the use of fresh local ingredients to make artisan bread, sold in both its Baggs Square retail location and through a distribution network.
“The Leading EDGE Awards recognize companies in the Mohawk Valley who have had a significant impact on the region’s economy,” said EDGE President Steven J. DiMeo.
Nicholas O. Matt, chairman of F.X. Matt Brewing Co., will be the honored with the Christopher Destito Leading EDGE Award. This award is given to someone who has had a lifelong commitment to the betterment of the Mohawk Valley. For ticket information, call Jennifer Waters at EDGE, 315-338-0393.