Voters pass Oneida Library budget
ONEIDA — Registered voters in the Oneida Public Library’s Special Library District on Tuesday passed by 381 to 322 the library’s proposed operating budget of $421,481 for its upcoming fiscal year, July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019.
Voters also elected three candidates for the three open seats on the OPL Board of Trustees, starting July 1 this year: Patricia K. Albaugh with 525 votes; Gary N. Taylor with 516 votes; and Lillian G. White with 531 votes. Other, write-in candidates received 54 votes. The winners will serve five-year terms, with no compensation.
The approved OPL operating budget of $421,481 for FY 2018-19 represents a 4.35 percent increase over the current fiscal year’s budget.
The total budget for the upcoming fiscal year reflects a Library District tax levy of $373,481; public funding of $15,000; private funding of $21,000; and library revenues of $12,000.
Utica Summer Fest start tonight
Levitt Music Series starts June 25 in Utica
Movie depicts real life art heist
‘Tuesdays with Morrie’ on stage Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Women meet for brunch Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Heart Touching Tour stops in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Club hosts author Elaine Miller
- 4:00pm 06/09/18God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Magic show, potluck Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Children’s Day celebration Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Film screening Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Strawberry shortcake on menu in Steuben