Volunteers to install first phase of Wampsville Community Park
WAMPSVILLE — This Saturday a group of community volunteers will come together to install the first phase of the Wampsville Community Park.
“This is a very exciting step of a process which has taken almost two years,” said Lori Brockway, a village trustee and member of the Wampsville Park Planning Committee. The committee, made up mostly of volunteers and community members, has been convening once a month to work toward this moment. “When we started this project was just a dream,” Lori said, “We did all of the fundraising, community outreach, design, and planning to make this park a reality.”
The park is being funded by grants, donations from local businesses, and community contributions, the announcement added. The committee received donations from local business including Die Molding, Nye Toyota, Community Car Wash, Lowes, and Madison Bistro. Concrete Slipform Inc. donated services for sidewalk installation and the C.N.Y. Community Foundation provided a $10,000 grant toward the project. Individuals who still wish to support the park by purchasing a personalized paver can contact the Village Hall at 315-363-5810 before August 15.
“We are very excited to be giving back to our community and in a way that helps to bring our neighbors together,” said Mayor John Clute.
After the play equipment is installed, the committee will turn its focus to installing benches, plantings and gardens to improve the site. The project is expected to be fully completed in the fall of 2018, the announcement added.
The Wampsville Community Park is collaboration between the Village of Wampsville, the Town of Lenox and Madison County, who each donated time, funds or services for the park, officials said.
Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Dinner, dancing in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Retreat House offers First Friday Day of Prayer
- 11:28am 09/18/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome