Oneida announces new Trail Ambassador program
ONEIDA — The City of Oneida is seeking volunteers to be part of the City’s new Trail Ambassador program. Launched this spring, the program will help further take care of Oneida’s trail systems.
Trail Ambassadors will help be the eyes and ears of the trails. The city is looking for Trail Ambassadors for three of Oneida’s trail systems: DuRoss Conservancy, Mt. Hope Reservoir, and the Oneida Rail Trail.
The Oneida Rail Trail follows the path of three former railroads that traversed in and around the City of Oneida. No tracks remain on the 11.3-mile multi-use trail system, only paths that are easily accessible and connect schools, neighborhoods, parks, businesses and Oneida’s City Center.
All Trail Ambassadors receive an official City of Oneida Trail Ambassador hat, Trail Ambassador manual, and a map with key information about the trails.
“The job of a Trail Ambassador is just to visit their section of trail, which they choose, at least once a month. After their visit, the Ambassador simply sends in an e-mail report with what they saw during their visit,” says Patti Meakin of the City of Oneida Parks and Recreation Department. “This will help us respond to any issues quicker and provides a regular, friendly face out on the trails,” Meakin continued.
For those interested in participating, there is a brief application that can be found on the city’s website: www.oneidacity.com/parks. Completed applications should be turned in to the City of Oneida Parks and Recreation Department, located at 217 Cedar St., Oneida, 13421.
For more information, contact Meakin at the City of Oneida Parks and Recreation Department at 315-363-3590 or email at email@example.com
Fair Trade Shop in Clinton offers bread warmers
Sign-up for November Food $en$e Oct. 26
Ghost and Toast to premier Saturday at Capitol Theater
‘Love Loss and What I Wore’ to be performed in Utica
- 4:00pm 10/15/18New hours for church Clothing Closet
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Consequences for our choices
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Trinity Community Coffee House hosts The Cadleys Oct. 20
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Octoberfeast in Holland Patent
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Dan Schall performs Oct. 21
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Augusta church hosts Old Home Days Service
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Ladies luncheon Thursday in Canastota
- 4:00pm 10/13/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 10/08/18Harvest of Faith set for Tuesday
- 4:00pm 10/06/18United Church of Canastota to hold chicken barbecue