Oneida announces new Trail Ambassador program
ONEIDA — The City of Oneida is seeking volunteers to be part of the City’s new Trail Ambassador program. Launched this spring, the program will help further take care of Oneida’s trail systems.
Trail Ambassadors will help be the eyes and ears of the trails. The city is looking for Trail Ambassadors for three of Oneida’s trail systems: DuRoss Conservancy, Mt. Hope Reservoir, and the Oneida Rail Trail.
The Oneida Rail Trail follows the path of three former railroads that traversed in and around the City of Oneida. No tracks remain on the 11.3-mile multi-use trail system, only paths that are easily accessible and connect schools, neighborhoods, parks, businesses and Oneida’s City Center.
All Trail Ambassadors receive an official City of Oneida Trail Ambassador hat, Trail Ambassador manual, and a map with key information about the trails.
“The job of a Trail Ambassador is just to visit their section of trail, which they choose, at least once a month. After their visit, the Ambassador simply sends in an e-mail report with what they saw during their visit,” says Patti Meakin of the City of Oneida Parks and Recreation Department. “This will help us respond to any issues quicker and provides a regular, friendly face out on the trails,” Meakin continued.
For those interested in participating, there is a brief application that can be found on the city’s website: www.oneidacity.com/parks. Completed applications should be turned in to the City of Oneida Parks and Recreation Department, located at 217 Cedar St., Oneida, 13421.
For more information, contact Meakin at the City of Oneida Parks and Recreation Department at 315-363-3590 or email at email@example.com
Children: Investment for the future
Kenwood Library hosts Gold Rush Day
Mount Calvary marks anniversary
Service and picnic Sunday in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Children: Investment for the future
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Mount Calvary marks anniversary
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Service and picnic Sunday in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Honesty, integrity, and being true to their word
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Grace Union AME Church to host revival service
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Hecla Hall to host picnic-style meal
- 4:00pm 08/11/18‘The Blessing of the Boats’ Sunday in Sylvan Beach
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Philippians 3:13-14: How to reach your goal
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Roof, steeple work at Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Vacation Bible School in Westmoreland