Madison County offers medication drop, shredding
LINCOLN — Madison County residents can safely dispose of medication and shred personal documents for free at the semiannual Safe Pill Drop Off and Document Shredding event 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 21 at the former Reuse Store at the Landfill, Buyea Road.
County residents can dispose of old and expired medications and pharmaceuticals as well as vitamins, veterinary medicines and over-the-counter medications. All medicine must be in its original container. Medicine should not be combined with other medications.
Residents may also bring up to three boxes of personal and confidential documents to be shredded and recycled.
Residents unable to make it to the April 21 event can still drop off medications at various kiosks throughout the county, including: the Department of Motor Vehicles lobby, Madison County Office Building, Wampsville, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Department of Social Services lobby, North Court Street, Wampsville, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and the New York State Police, Troop D Headquarters, Route 5, Oneida, 24 hours a day. Last year, more than 300 pounds of medication were collected. Another 534 pounds were dropped off in designated kiosks. Call 1-800-721-2208 for more information.
The event is co-sponsored by the Madison County Department of Solid Waste and Sanitation, Madison County Sheriff’s Office and BRiDGES/MCCASA..
Glass art classes start this week at View
Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
- 11:28am 09/18/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Community center hosts carnival
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Rummage, bake sales Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Brunch Thursday in Canastota
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Music and ministry program Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Franciscans host discussion group