Madison County offers medication drop, shredding
LINCOLN — Madison County residents can safely dispose of medication and shred personal documents for free at the semiannual Safe Pill Drop Off and Document Shredding event 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 21 at the former Reuse Store at the Landfill, Buyea Road.
County residents can dispose of old and expired medications and pharmaceuticals as well as vitamins, veterinary medicines and over-the-counter medications. All medicine must be in its original container. Medicine should not be combined with other medications.
Residents may also bring up to three boxes of personal and confidential documents to be shredded and recycled.
Residents unable to make it to the April 21 event can still drop off medications at various kiosks throughout the county, including: the Department of Motor Vehicles lobby, Madison County Office Building, Wampsville, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Department of Social Services lobby, North Court Street, Wampsville, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and the New York State Police, Troop D Headquarters, Route 5, Oneida, 24 hours a day. Last year, more than 300 pounds of medication were collected. Another 534 pounds were dropped off in designated kiosks. Call 1-800-721-2208 for more information.
The event is co-sponsored by the Madison County Department of Solid Waste and Sanitation, Madison County Sheriff’s Office and BRiDGES/MCCASA..
Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
Women’s Day service Sunday
Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s Day service Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18‘Beauty Secrets’ theme for meeting
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Church offers free meal May 26
- 4:00pm 05/19/18First Baptist hosts basement sale
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Importance of spring cleaning
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Butterfly tea event Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/12/18Strength of a mother’s love