Madison County offers medication drop, shredding
LINCOLN — Madison County residents can safely dispose of medication and shred personal documents for free at the semiannual Safe Pill Drop Off and Document Shredding event 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 21 at the former Reuse Store at the Landfill, Buyea Road.
County residents can dispose of old and expired medications and pharmaceuticals as well as vitamins, veterinary medicines and over-the-counter medications. All medicine must be in its original container. Medicine should not be combined with other medications.
Residents may also bring up to three boxes of personal and confidential documents to be shredded and recycled.
Residents unable to make it to the April 21 event can still drop off medications at various kiosks throughout the county, including: the Department of Motor Vehicles lobby, Madison County Office Building, Wampsville, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Department of Social Services lobby, North Court Street, Wampsville, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and the New York State Police, Troop D Headquarters, Route 5, Oneida, 24 hours a day. Last year, more than 300 pounds of medication were collected. Another 534 pounds were dropped off in designated kiosks. Call 1-800-721-2208 for more information.
The event is co-sponsored by the Madison County Department of Solid Waste and Sanitation, Madison County Sheriff’s Office and BRiDGES/MCCASA..
Easter Bunny helps Lainey’s Army March 24
Sign-up for April Food $en$e March 23
Drama depicts actress in her later years
Dakota Fanning stars in ‘Please Stand By’
- 4:00pm 03/10/18The cross, a Lenten sign of God’s love
- 4:00pm 03/10/18Community prayer vigil Tuesday in Canastota
- 4:00pm 03/10/18Irish dinner served tonight in Verona
- 4:00pm 03/10/18Program for Eva Griffin March 11
- 4:00pm 03/03/18New York Adult & Teen Challenge set for Sunday
- 4:00pm 03/03/18Church serves ham, scalloped potatoes
- 4:00pm 03/03/18The McCarthys to perform at Trinity Community Coffeehouse
- 4:00pm 03/03/18Foothills Rural Community Ministry sets hours for March
- 4:00pm 03/03/18Slay your giant in your personal life
- 4:00pm 02/24/18Forgiveness service Sunday