Madison County offers medication drop, shredding
LINCOLN — Madison County residents can safely dispose of medication and shred personal documents for free at the semiannual Safe Pill Drop Off and Document Shredding event 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 21 at the former Reuse Store at the Landfill, Buyea Road.
County residents can dispose of old and expired medications and pharmaceuticals as well as vitamins, veterinary medicines and over-the-counter medications. All medicine must be in its original container. Medicine should not be combined with other medications.
Residents may also bring up to three boxes of personal and confidential documents to be shredded and recycled.
Residents unable to make it to the April 21 event can still drop off medications at various kiosks throughout the county, including: the Department of Motor Vehicles lobby, Madison County Office Building, Wampsville, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Department of Social Services lobby, North Court Street, Wampsville, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and the New York State Police, Troop D Headquarters, Route 5, Oneida, 24 hours a day. Last year, more than 300 pounds of medication were collected. Another 534 pounds were dropped off in designated kiosks. Call 1-800-721-2208 for more information.
The event is co-sponsored by the Madison County Department of Solid Waste and Sanitation, Madison County Sheriff’s Office and BRiDGES/MCCASA..
I have competed well
The Puffers perform Sunday
Women gather Tuesday
Poop-to-power: Manure separator benefits dairy, generates clean energy
- 4:00pm 07/14/18I have competed well
- 4:00pm 07/14/18The Puffers perform Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Women gather Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/10/18Constableville church to host Vacation Bible school
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Do not run from the fight — you are strong in The Lord
- 4:00pm 07/07/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Harp & Harmony concert Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Free B Sharp concert July 10
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Stittville social, concert July 10
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Chicken BBQ served July 14