Farm Service Agency approves applications for Madison County victims of July flooding
The U.S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency has approved Madison County to submit applications for the Emergency Conservation Program.
The ECP will help address damages from excessive rain and flooding on July 1 and 2, 2017. ECP signup will end on Nov. 24, 2017.
FSA Executive Director Donna Purdy said approved ECP payments include removing debris, grading, shaping, and re-leveling, restoring permanent fencing and restoring conservation structures.
ECP is administered by FSA to reduce the cost of recovery activities which restore agricultural land to pre-disaster conditions.
Producers who sustained damage are encouraged to submit their request for assistance prior to beginning reconstructive work.
Submitting a request after completing qualified reconstructive work may result in forfeiture of program eligibility.
“I realize that there are extenuating circumstances that must be addressed for livestock safety and health reasons, but I strongly recommend at least calling our office before any action is taken,” Purdy said.
FSA county committees will complete an evaluation of submitted requests and obligate available funds based on an on-site inspection of the damaged land.
Completion of the on-site inspection does not guarantee that cost-share funding will be allocated.
The use of obligated funds is limited to return the land to the relative pre-disaster condition.
Conservation concerns that were present on the land prior to the disaster are not eligible for ECP assistance.
Approved ECP applicants may receive up to 75 percent of the cost of completing the approved restoration activity.
Call the Madison County FSA office at 315-824-9076 for more information on ECP.
Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Dinner, dancing in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Retreat House offers First Friday Day of Prayer
- 11:28am 09/18/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome