‘Barns of Madison County’ on display at OPL during September
ONEIDA — Walt Fibiger, an artist from Chittenango, will have on display at Oneida Public Library Sept. 5-28 his new series of watercolors called “Barns of Madison County.”
To inaugurate the exhibit, the library is hosting a public reception for the artist on Thursday, Sept. 6, from 5-6:30 p.m., the library has announced.
Fibiger has had five watercolor shows in recent years at the Sullivan Free Library in Chittenango. His new exhibit, “Barns of Madison County,” reflects a lifelong interest in what he calls “the structures that once dotted the rural landscape but that are now in rapid decline.”
Fibiger lived and worked on a family dairy farm in his youth, and he notes that the barn in which he once milked cows has fallen into disrepair and is currently slated for demolition.
The barns represented in the watercolors are identified by the road they are located on and, in some cases, by the names of the owners or former owners.
Fibiger, who also does woodworking, has framed each of the paintings in wood from the demolished Compoli barn on Robinson Road in Chittenango.
The framed paintings are available for sale, according to the announcement by library
Fibiger is a former English teacher who retired from the Fayetteville-Manlius School District. His wife Rhonda (Rueger) retired from the Oneida City School District, where she served as principal of the Oneida Castle Elementary School.
For more information on the exhibit, stop by the Oneida Library, 220 Broad St., or call the library at 315-363-3050.
Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Dinner, dancing in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Retreat House offers First Friday Day of Prayer
- 11:28am 09/18/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome