WINNERS AGAIN — Members of the Upstate Independent Drum and Bugle Corps have marched to their second consecutive victory in their class annual New York State American Legion Convention Parade in Rochester. (Photo submitted/courtesy of Sorrendino photography)
Another win for area drum and bugle corps; new members sought
ONEIDA — Upstate Independent Drum and Bugle Corps announced that they have won their class at the New York State American Legion Convention parade for the second consecutive year. On July 20, UIDBC traveled to Rochester to compete in the 100th annual convention parade, taking home top honors.
Upstate Independent Drum and Bugle Corps is under the direction of Corps Director, Jinelle Jenkins, music coordination and brass instruction of Richard Orilio and Drum Major Jennifer Fowler.
Drum line mentorship was by Steve Lyman and color guard mentorship of Jinelle Jenkins, Jen Fowler and Wendy Stevens.
The Corps is always welcoming new membership, has no mandatory membership fees, and provides all instruments. If you are ages 11 through adult, membership of any ability is welcome.
The Corps would like to add color guard, drummers, and brass membership (trumpet, French horn, trombone, baritone, euphonium and tuba) in the age range of 11-16 especially to assist them in becoming better players in school.
People interested in joining can email Upstate Independent Drum and Bugle Corps at firstname.lastname@example.org visit their page on Facebook.
Making the tough calls
Pre-order today for bake sale Tuesday
All Denominations service Nov. 20
Holiday mass, dinner Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Making the tough calls
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Pre-order today for bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18All Denominations service Nov. 20
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Holiday mass, dinner Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Christmas at the Corner Nov. 23
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Church offers free meal Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Holiday Bazaar Dec. 1 in Verona
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Thanksgiving service in Clinton
- 4:00pm 11/10/18The Clothing Closet seeks donations
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Local collection sites announced for Operation Christmas Child